Different, Maybe Not

When the last bit of flesh was torn off of her body, I walked down into the dungeon-esque room to... congradulate her on her survival.

She didn't hear me come up behind her, so I made her jump. 

"You know, not many people make it past the part where my little machine and I rip off all of the flesh from your back at once. Few people live, really."

She looked at me, almost dumbfounded by me. "You're a monster. . ." Her words hardly made sense, the skin off of her lips was removed as well. 

I chuckled. "No, my dear, I just have different hobbies than you. Maybe not, actually?"

"I'm nothing like you. You're a monster. . ."

I dragged my middle and pointer fingers down her chest, licking them afterwards, the coppery taste of blood pleasant. "But you are, my darling."

"All you do. . . is sensely murder. . . I've never killed. . . and you're torturing me. . ."

I slapped her hard across the cheek. She let out a stifled cry after the cracking sound bounced off the walls of the almost dungeon. I got up close to her bloody face. I could feel her breathing.  "I was there, honey. I watched you."

She took in a sharp breath. "He was cursed," she whined, "I had to." 

I leaned back and chuckled. "You admit it. And here I was to think, if you had kept quiet, I would have let you go."

The tears from her eyes mixed with blood as they dripped slowly down what was left of her face. "He was cursed. Cursed, cursed, cursed, cursed. . ."

I pulled my hand out from behind my back. Her howl of terror would've been bloodcurtling if it wasn't relaxing. 

The head I was holding seemed to be from a boy around the age of eight years. He was blonde, and had almost hazel-blue eyes. His pale complexion was only paler because of where the blood had drained from where he was decapitated. His eyes were tinted like glass in the cold.

I stepped back and held the boy's head out to her. She was in hysterics by now. 

"You say I'M the senseless murderer!? I didn't kill my own child. You did," I took a deep breath, the scent of blood invigorating. "You did. You killed Jonathan. You, dear Jessabelle, killed our son."