Chapter 14

He stood at the doorway, staring at me. I knew he wanted to come closer but he was afraid. I was too to be honest. I had shifted back and they had given me some over sized sweats. He then ran towards me. Picking me up in his arms and spinning me in circles.

"I missed you." He breathed. 

"I missed you too." I said, watching his tone.

He put me down on the ground and I recovered my balance quickly, enough. It was my turn to rush to him. I slammed into him and kissed him, hard. For that moment when our lips were together nothing else mattered. Not what my mother said not what he did nothing.

Then finally I pulled away. I realized that weather it was the mate bond or not, I loved this man. 

.  .  .

It has been ten years since that day. I am the Luna of the Lunar Claw Pride in Alaska. I am now, twenty-six years old. I love living here and helping the pride. The pride excepted me fairly quickly and I was always be grateful to them.

My mother's warning was nothing but her doing what she does best, being wicked and jealous. When she didn't find love she didn't want anyone too. Not even her own daughter. I realize my mother's wicked ways were wrong and I dare not repeat them, yet I will always love her.

In other news I have a newborn daughter, named Snow. Yes that wasn't my idea, but I liked it all the same. She lights my way every single day, and I want to give her the life I've never had. Although... I know her path will be a hard one, some how.

I do say I have come a long ways since when I was six. From living with Sparrow to the pride. I love them all. Sparrow also lives here with me. He has also found his mate so good for him.

That is all I really have to say for myself. I suppose this is my happily ever after, followed by a big the end, right? Well that's where I was wrong. For this is only the beginning of something big. For me, for my daughter, and for the Lunar Claw Pride.