The Beach

Rose sat in the cold, wet sand as the sea gently lapped at the beach only a few metres from her. She stared into the distance hoping, no, praying to hear the unhealthy wheeze of his TARDIS. From a distance he would watch her. Standing next to Micky, waiting for her to give up hope and wait till tomorrow. Brushing a strand of hair behind her ear Rose stood and turned, she began back to Mickey's car and fell into his embrace.
"He's not coming back Rose," Mickey whispered into her ear. Silently, Rose pulled away from him and sat in the front of his car. The Doctor stood and looked over the empty beach before climbing into the back of the car. Looking down, he brushed the sand of his bright red converse.
"Oy! Watch it. Brand new car!" Mickey shouted. The Doctor jumped in surprise, they rarely spoke to him.
"All right!" He replied in a strong, Scottish accent. Rose bit her lip. She hated him for leaving him with an exact replica of him only human but occasionally spoke like the ginger women he travelled with after her. Diana, Dina. Rose struggled to remember her name. But his accent she found irresistible. It had been a month since she was left. Her mum had found a nice big house only a few miles from the beach. But she had never been able to connect with this new Doctor even though he was the same.