Chapter 4

The room changed one more time. It was colourful again. It looked exactly like the room I walked in to the very first time. My Mum stood in the Corner paralysed with fear. The man was no where to be seen, I ran over to my mum and touched her. She snapped out of her trance with my touch. She saw me and looked in to my eyes before drifting them to something behind me. My Mum pointed, the man was there, covered in blood. I screamed as loud as I could and then found myself at home in my bed. It was just a dream and everything was OK.

My Mum walked in but there was something different about her. The man stood out from behind her and drew a long knife across my mum’s throat. Her lifeless body fell before my eyes. She was dead.

The man walked towards me still holding the knife. I stared into his eyes and I Realized I had seen them before. They were my boyfriends. I was confused and before I knew what was happening the man had his hand in my hair.

“You are truly mine now baby” he whispered into my ear.

“What happened to you? You were so good looking before!” I replied.

“Oh that was just a costume. This is the true me. And with your family out of the way, I have you all to myself.”

“But why?”

“You’re so gorgeous, that’s why. In the future, don’t walk into strange doors on the beach.”