Daisy

The story starts with a brunette, sitting within an open field of daisies. She was gathering some daisies on her basket to take home with her. Smiling as she takes them, she finds it happy to gather beautiful objects that resemble her name. She was Daisy. For four years, that name was what she was called.

Four years ago, there was a rich duke and duchess that came from an alien country. They had a daughter, filled with beauty and innocence, their dear Ea. They went to a simple village, far away from any rich titles, to celebrate Ea's twelfth birthday, however, things did not go according to plan. Ea was riding on one of the horses while her father, Duke Aros, sat in front pulling the reigns, when a snake appeared upon the pathway and scared their horse. The reign had gotten loose on one of the horses and so the horse, together with Ea, sprang fast into the forest. Due to certain branches and twigs, pieces of Ea's skirts started to rip. When they came across an open field, she was already unconscious before she fell down. She easily feels faint in situations such as what happened, being a daughter of a duke and duchess she is too fragile, especially her mind, her memories.

The duke and duchess had called on search parties to find their daughter. After a few hours, they located the horse by the riverside, with the stripped pieces of cloth floating down the river. The parents had thought that their daughter was dead and gave up all hope in finding her body.

Meanwhile, a boy named Michael, at the age of thirteen, was on the way to the woods to gather some berries. He was, passing along the field of daisies when he sees a girl, lying down. Michael had carried her to his home, where his mother was around. Once the girl was conscious, she had no idea who she was. Both Michael and his mother felt pity for this girl, and so decided to make her a part of their family. Since Michael had found her, the girl agreed to be renamed by him. He thought about the field and looked at the girl's eyes and said, "Daisy".

At a part in the village, there was a girl, wearing boy's clothes, hurrying around the village while carrying a box filled with books. She was an 'orphan' though that's what she terms herself with. Nikita, that girl, had a drunkard, gambling father. She lost her mother, giving birth to her, and was treated like 'nothing' by her father.

To actually try and live, she goes about the village to find those who are willing to take her in for some extra work and would be more than generous to give her even some food. Despite the challenges in the village, Nikita never stole anything, and was as honest as anyone. She was keen, sharp, as well.

While she was searching for her father's whereabouts that day, she saw a carriage with two horses beside it. She would have left when she saw that there was something broken from its gold design. Coming closer she heard the voice of her father, arguing with someone. At that moment, Nikita knew, her father had something to do with the broken gold design. As much as she knew about what 'had' happened, she didn't expect what 'would' happen next.

She knew that that day was coming. But, she didn't expect it to happen when she had just turned twelve. Her father had given her, practically sold her, to that rich couple. There, under Aros and Althea's care, Nikita was furious. She was trapped for four years...

While Daisy was picking her flowers, she imagined Michael's face when he sees the flowers. Smiling at the thought, 'I hope he's nearing the village. That adventurous brother of mine would have a lot of stories to tell.'

Michael had left for the last six months. No one could stop this outdoor chap, not even Daisy. Michael's mother had been dead for nearly three years now. Michael and Daisy lived together in the cottage, and treated each other as if they were siblings.