chapter 1

it was exactly 5:30 in the morning, my alarm just went went off.  it was the first day of my junior year in high school and Woodlen Hill High School, in Florida.  I got out of bed and went to the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth, and my hair. when I finished that I went into my room and I picked out Peter Pan leggings with a gray sweater and I'm going to wear my plane black vans. it was now 6:00. "Stephanie!" "come down to eat breakfast!" my mom yelled down at me as I finishing getting dressed. oh and I forgot to mention that my best friend, Penelope and her mom also live with me and my mom because we are both low on money and me and Penelope and our moms are best friends. we have been best friends since Kindergarten. so me and Penelope went down together at the same time, as usual. my mom had made eggs, bacon, and toast. so it was about 6:30 when we had finished eating, so me and Penelope were getting our shoes on to go to the bus stop about 5 minutes away. we got to school and we had to go to the counselor to get our schedule and change a few of our classes. I had history, biology, geometry, band, english, wood shop class, health/p.e. and seminar. we had all the same classes together except biology, because Penelope took chemistry instead. so it was lunch time and we are allowed to go off campus to go to like Pizza Hut or Wendy's or whatever. so we both went to Pizza Hut and ate a large cheese pizza and the. wants to Wendy's to get an ice cream. so now we are both in english and this really, really hot guy comes in, and looks a little confused.
"hi, is this english class?" he  says nervously.
"yes." says Mr. Jonson.
" you can sit right behind Stephanie, Stephanie raise your hand." Mr. Jonson said.
I raised my hand and he sat down right behind me. Mr. Jonson asked the new kid to stand up and say his name and someone about him. "hi, my name is Jake and I like to swim and skateboard. I have been doing both since I was 4." I was really impressed, because I also love those things too. 😏😉 so anyways, when he sat back down Penelope tapped me and handed me a note.
he is REALLY hot! and he loves the things you do too! you would be PERFECT together girl! I wrote back I know right! I am going to invite him to lunch ok?
and Penelope said it was cool. so the class was over and I turned around because Jake had not gotten up yet.
"hey Jake, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me and my friend Penelope to hangout after school"
"yea that sounds great!"
"ok meet be at the front of the school when schools out."
"ok. see you there."
so the school day was over and me and Penelope went to go wait for him and he wasn't there. we waited for 10-15 minutes. he still wasn't  there. so after waiting for 20 minutes we finally called Penelope's mom and she came and picked us up. after we got home we ate dinner and then we had to do our homework. The next day came and we got up and got dressed and when we got to school and we still hadn't Jake. Penelope and I were really worried because it is only like the second day of the school, and we don't know what has happened to him. so now it was second period and we were in math and Jake was in that class. Jake finally showed up! he was late, but I'm glad he showed up. he walked into the classroom, lashed the note in the teachers desk, and walked to his desk at the back of the classroom. he didn't say a word and had his black jacket hood covering his face when he walked passed me to go to his seat. so the class just ended and Jake ran out really fast and I tried going after him and chased him down the hall. "Jake, wait up!" he never looked back to see who was calling him. I finally caught up to him and grab his arm. "hey it's me Stephanie, why didn't you answer when I was calling?"
no response.
"hello??"
"I didn't answer, b-because.." he said nervously and painfully.
I grabbed his hood and took it off of his head... "oh my god! what happened to you Jake?!"
I was so scared of what happened to him.
"I-I got beat."
"BY WHO?!" I shouted.
"my mom." he said quietly.
"oh..." I said softly.
"come stay at my place for a while I have everything for you, that you need.
"I can't, she will be very upset and come and find me and literally bet me until I die." "please Jake, I really like you... and you need the protection, and you need to stay away from her." I insisted.
"okay, Stephanie, and I really like you too, the first day I saw you."
we went to lunch and Penelope was waiting for me outside of the school, where we normally meet.
"what took you so long Stef?"
"I was helping Jake." I told her.
"oh, what happened, is everything ok?" she asked concerned.
"not really, Jake is in a lot of pain and that's why we didn't say anything to me or you before."
"what happened?" " I have been getting beat my mom for more then 10 years." Jake jumped in.
"I'm really, really sorry." Penelope and I said at the same time.
"it's ok I will be better living with Stephanie now." he said a little more excited.
"wait what?" Penelope asked puzzled
"yea, he is going to stay with us for a little bit or a while."
"ok. that sounds great!" she is excited.
so we all went back to class after we ate at Pizza Hut again......... class just ended and we walked home and my mom and Penelope's mom met Jake and they really really like him.

THANKS GUYS THIS IS MY FIRST BOOK AND I HOPE IT GOES WELL. AND YOU ALL LIKE IT. FOLLOW ME IF YOU LIKE IT AND COMMET TO SEE IF I SHOULD ADD ANYTHING IN THE NEXT CHAPTER. THE NEXT CHAPTER WILL COME SOON. THX BYE! 😂😘