Black and blue!

Hey I'm keira, I'm 16 and I live with my parents but I hate it. My dad has problems with his brother and he became an alcoholic.

I went home after school to find the front door locked, I was petrified to go in but I had to otherwise I wouldn't live to see next week. I ran round the back and opened the door. I almost screamed to what I saw, my mum lying there in the floor lifeless with my dad standing above her body, he was holding a baseball bat and it was obvious he has killed my mum. I gasped so loud that he heard me, he turned around and grabbed me by my arm throwing the bat to the ground. He dragged me upstairs and started slapping, punching me and kicking me to the ground. I managed to hold back the screams for help, he just shouted. "You're worthless!" "No one loves you!" "Go die, no body would miss you!" "Worthless!" "Attention whore!" He finally left after spitting in my face.

I couldn't stay here in this broken home anymore! I had to leave, it was decided I would run away. I grabbed my bag from the floor where he had pushed me and emptied my school work onto my bed, then ran around shoving clothes, make up, drinks, food, money, everything I needed. Shit, he was coming. I quickly unlocked my window and jumped. I didn't know where I was going I just know I wasn't staying there. I just kept running and running.

I eventually reached the train station and I got a train to London, to get on a plane. I bought a one way ticket to Australia, Sydney. I made a friend over the Internet and she lived here, I was sure she would take me in.

The plane journey felt like it took several weeks. When I landed and got my bag from security, I looked around for my friend, Amy. There she was standing at gate 22 waiting for me. I ran over and hugged her and we drove back to hers.