One

"Callie!"

I ignored my name being called, from somewhere deep in my apartment.

" CAAAAAALLIEE! Come on!" the voice screeched louder, "come on girl, we're gonna be late!" I couldn't tell exactly where she was, but the steady increase in the volume of her voice as well as her footfalls let me know she was getting closer.

Pressing the home button on my phone, the white numbers that appeared instantly across my phone screen read 10:48 p.m. Initially, I thought I would have time to add some dramatic finishing touches to my make-up, but by the looks of it we were definitely late. And if I didn't hurry Nina would only annoy me more by the minute. This was her specialty, just like being late was mine.

My outfit had already been laid out on my bed in anticipation of this exact scenario of me rushing in the final moments to get ready. Grumbling to myself about my makeup not looking how I wanted it to, I slid into the little black number. Just as I stood straight from my position fastening my anklet, Nina, the owner of that wonderful voice as well as one of my best friends, came bursting through the door.

"Girl, what are you still doing?" she leaned against the frame of the doorway, while her arms were pulled taut across her chest. Suddenly I felt twelve again, like my dad was scolding me for getting PlayDough in the rug.

"Ni, I was just about t-", she wasted no time cutting me off.

"Somehow you're always the last one ready and I'm always the one who ends up having to come with you. Jass and Brooke are already at the club, and we still ain't even left yet." I knew this was coming, and it was exactly why I didn't want to let her to get started with her little attitude.

"Oh okay! So next time you want to be so pressed to get there on time, you can hop in your car and drive by yourself. Remind me again, what kind of car do you drive?" Nina cut her eyes at me while standing there in silence, but I barely spared her a glance. Her glare burned holes in the back of my head. She didn't plan on answering. I could tell she was trying to hold back the laugh.

"Oh thats right it's called the bus! Relax girl, I'm ready".

Nina and I were heading to Palace tonight. It was a new club downtown, and it had hit capacity every weekend since opening two months prior. We were meeting up with our other two best friends, Brooklyn and Jassmine, tonight for a girls night. We all had such busy schedules that never synced up and tonight would be the first in a little while that we would all be free at the same time. The four of us had been inseparable since our first semester in college which was more than 7 years ago. That being said, these girls were the only ones who knew how to reach my wild side consistently, so it was bound to be a good night. I was actually really excited to see them. I had another busy week coming up and I'm sure they did too, we all needed this breather.

Although I had taken that jab at Nina for not having a car, she always drove mine when we went out. It was truly a luxury. Pulling up as late as we were, there was no way we'd find street parking. Nina circled the block a couple of times anyway just in case. It gave us an opportunity to check out the line which was growing by the second. Girls were littered all through in dresses that glittered and We settled on the parking garage that shared the street with the venue and grabbed out purses to exit the garage and walk towards the entrance of the club. Nina was quick to slide in a complaint as we neared the line when we noticed that it was long as all hell. And here come the theatrics I sighed to myself, responding with a theatric eye-roll of my own. If we were being completely honest though, I could see where Nina was coming from, because she and I were a little underdressed for the strong breeze that lingered in the area tonight. As we made a move to get into line I heard our voices being called somewhere near the front. Both Nina and I peaked our heads forward and were met with the gushing faces of Brook and Jass who were waving us forward frantically to meet them in the front.