The Cousin (True, Short Story)

One day I come home from school and I begin texting my friends as usual. I had lately been getting text from very horny people. I decided to ignore people like that and when I did get a text from an unknown kik user, I ignored it. One day I get a text from someone, saying hi, I thought to myself "this shit again." I go to check their profile and see a guy. I automatically thought that this was another one of those dumb ass fakes.

I go to tell my friend and she says " oh that's my cousin." I began texting him and we made decent conversation. Apparently my friend told him I was BI. I was so scared because I do not have a good history with boys, I was always bullied by guys I can hardly remember a girl ever bullying me. Anyways hr told me he was BI as well and I became calmer. I thought I could get with him but knew I would have to hide it from my parents, they are super religious and their son dating a guy would either kill them or they would kill me.
We talked a lot after then, I became comfortable to talk to him and we had a lot in common. He was perfect, and I knew it since day one. He finally asked for a picture of me, I wanted to die at that point because I'm not exactly the best looking person in the world and cameras aren't my thing. I gathered the courage I needed to take a picture and hit send. He told me I was cute and that lit my world. Although I didn't believe him some part of me did.

He then started going out with my other friend and I was at first mad, but knew I couldn't be because its not her fault he doesn't love me. The next day they broke up and I was happy. She fucked up by cursing him out just like she did her EX. I tried to get him to forgive her but he refused. We talked more after that of course. He told me one day "sorry I keep texting you but I love to text you" and I was the happiest person in the world.

We texted for a while but soon the we began to fade away from one another. Then I thought to myself "I can't loose this one" so I texted him and apparently he took back one of his EX girlfriend's (not my friend) and I was heartbroken. Whenever I texted him my messages took forever to send so we didn't speak for a while.

About 2-3 weeks later he doesn't text me for 3 days straight, that was the longest we didn't speak straight or at all. I got super worried and talked to my friend. She told me he was in the hospital because of a car accident. He broke 5 bones, punctured his lungs and fell into a coma. The next day he was placed on life support. I prayed for him but didn't know if it was enough. I had to trust in God, not doubt him.

One night I asked my friend how he was doing and she never replied. I got really scared. I continued texting her for a while and got no reply. I was convinced he had died and I wanted to as well. The next morning my friend texted me back and we couldn't really get into a conversation. She then asked me "what do you wanna talk about?" I asked how was her cousin and she told me he was going to live. I was relieved.

He texted me the next day and I lit up like a Christmas tree. He was going to make a full recovery and cherished every moment since then.