1.

Max thought about this scenario once.

Actually, he thinks about it many times back when he's still in Fair High. What will happen? He remembers daydreaming - What will happen after ten years when he and his high school sweet heart meet once again? Will she notice him? Will she even know it's him? Will he look familiar? If she's sitting in front of a bar counter, or preferably sitting alone in a coffee table somewhere, will she offer him a seat? Talk to him and act as if nothing happened before? As if he didn't break her heart? Maybe she'll ignore him? Or maybe, just maybe, she'll talk to him and get their relationship rekindle.

Maybe.

Max thinks back then that the scenario will happen somewhere romantic, and well, cliche. Coffee shops, flower stores, in a grocer, pizza and or an ice cream parlor will do. But he never thought it will happen in some fancy restaurant on their batch's reunion.

But then again, he never really thought he'll have a chance of graduating but he did, technically. Max pulled out from high school a week before the graduation ceremony, he and his band mates signed a record deal under Rockwell those weeks. Ecstatic and in L.A, they haven't got the chance to come back. On the exact day of their graduation, the Battlefront Experts was on their way to record their debut single.

Things happened fast on those weeks Max can't even remember how he and Elle's fall out happened. Or maybe, it happened way before and after the contract signing? Maybe it happened when their gigs went out of hand and he lost touch? But who can blame him when your dreams are one touch away from you? Ready for your shaking and anticipating hands? His parents - actually, even well known people - taught him to always grab an opportunity he knows he can handle well. And endless gigs, Hollywood, girls, and fame are some of the things he knows he can carry even if half asleep.

So they got the deal and went about who they are now - The Battlefront Experts, the Green Day of this generation. And Elle forget, well, at least tries to.

Elle is on the other side of the room, standing near the counter and talking to her age-old friends as she wears a simple yet classic, backless, long-sleeve, black dress. She listens to one of her batch mate compliment the embroidery design on her dress until she run out of wine. After excusing herself to get a refill, she walks to the counter then hears someone from behind calling her name.

"Elle? Is that you?" A slightly-pitched voice says. Cursing under her breath, Elle turns around and meets the girl she can't ever forget; Margaux Oxford, official cheer leader of Fair High on her time and one of the reasons Max and hers' frequent fights.

"Marg?" She fakes a reaction of bafflement then says, "How have you been?"

"Great!" The blonde replies while tossing her hands in the air, excitement filling her bloodstreams. "I didn't know I'll meet you again! Not because of you though but me," Margaux rolls her eyes and sighs dramatically as they both approach a table in the side line.

"I was really busy this week. Flew from Jakarta to Paris then to Hawaii then here just because of this reunion! I'm telling you, being a model is just plain. Hard." Marg explains, emphasizing the last words.

Elleneah rolls her eyes mentally. Mrs Rotter, her psychology professor back in college always tells them that a year can really change a lot of things and ten years will even do a better job. Clearly though, on Margaux's case, that did not happen. For Elle, she still is the same arrogant, blonde, queen bitch she used to hate. Well now, super-rich queen bitch.

They continue talking for a full twenty minutes about certain things that only has the words: Margaux, fashion, Margaux, shows, model, busy and Margaux as keywords until Marg finally decides that her blessing to talk to Elle has come to an end and it's the others' turn.

As she's left alone to rot in the dark side of the room, bitterly drinking her tequila, a shadow covers her. She looks up from the drink she's focus to and suddenly feels as if the straw is choking her, and that oxygen, for no apparent reason, decides to avoid her.

Standing in front of her is none other than Maxwell Parker, ex-high school sweet heart. Taking her back to the days where he was hers and she was his.

- - -
Chapter dedicated to geeksandfreaks8 for the awesome cover c: thanks x