Chapter 5

"Son...it's been so long!I'm glad your here to visit!"The alphas mother softly spoke,embracing him in a tight hug,"I'm glad to be home."
*^*^*^*^*
Scarlett's P.O.V
"I think going to the Holy Orders would be a good thing for you Scarlett.Not only will you get closer to God and your parents but meet other people.You can't be stuck in your room and do nothing but hear the T.V. or the radio?"Aunt Grace placed her hands on her hips as she looked disapproving at Scarlett sitting in the balcony enjoying the gloomy air,"It's going to rain."She muttered softly changing the subject.

"How did you know?"Aunt grace looked up to the sky as she sat next to Scarlett,"When I was in the hospital,there was this one male nurse who taught me all the things I know.He even gave me this ring...he told me the jewel was Scarlett,like me."She fingered the ring while Aunt Grace smiled softly at her,"What a nice man,he must have been special."."He did save my life,kinda, but he's engaged."
Aunt Grace nodded before standing up,"Get dressed,I laid your clothing on the bed.Your going to the Holy Orders and that's final."Scarlett sighed knowing she wouldn't be getting out of this one.
*^*^*^*^*
Masons P.O.V

Mason looked around the house,noticing it was all the same,'too similar...it's saddening.'he thought to himself as he sat waiting for his loving mother to come back with their coffee.He hasn't seen her in years all because he's drowned himself with work,"Here you go,no caffeine for you mister."Mason softly smiled to himself,looking down at his cup,"Thanks for the recap mother."."Son."He looked up to see the softened facial expression she was beautifully showing,"How's the therapy...on the alcohol?"Mason rubbed his index finger on the rim of his cup,tightening the squeeze on it before he looked up again to show his mother a smile,"I've been released.The doctors said my health has gone to its regular standards,but my work is on the the run.With the meetings of the community funds and so on."

The alphas mother stood up and opened up the curtains,"Hmm...it's going to rain...how sad.The clouds are darkening,will you be okay?"He slowly nodded,"I can endure it...I have been all this time."
*^*^*^*^*^*
Scarlett's P.O.V

"It's so quite...it's scary."Scarlett muttered as Aunt Grace walked hand in hand with her to Holy Orders.Only the air and chirps of birds filling the air,"Many people stay home and pay their respects.The rain here means so many things...no one here likes getting wet by what nature gives,so they all stay inside."Scarlett scrunched up her face,she loved playing in the rain,ever since she was a child she'd dance in it and make mud pies,"How so,why don't they like the rain?Its pretty pleasing."Aunt Grace didn't speak till she hesitantly exhaled,"It's a horrible tragedy...one day you'll understand.Its dreadful for the community...especially for the Alpha."Scarlett thought to herself,'I will never get used to all this wolf ancestry.I wish—I could just go back to my normal teenage life,where I don't have to worry about the unforgettable darkness.'
*^*^*^*

"Welcome,hurry hurry the clouds are about to release."Aunt Grace pushed Scarlett into the building of Jesus.Holy Orders was a place were one could talk to God,the wolves in the community were Catholics.It was quite rare for a Wolf breed to have a religious belief but the alphas father liked the idea of God.
"What are you here for,if I may ask?"The elderly women at the counter questioned Aunt Grace as Scarlett went hunting for a chair,but miserably hit her knee on the way,"Ah yes,I'm here to speak to the priest while my..."Aunt Grace looked at Scarlett sitting rubbing her knee,she softly smiled,"Daughter is here to attend the Sessions,she's seventeen."The elderly women nodded before asking them to follow.Aunt Grace took hold of Scarlett's hand as she brought her into a side hug,"Okay you be a good girl and try,at least attempt to make one friend.I will be at a...small meeting so I trust you to be good."Scarlett mentally rolled her eyes,"I'm not a little kid Au-"."Here you are,I'll be back for you later Scarlett."She kissed her on the cheek before rushing off.