17. Ours

This chapter is dedicated to ALL OF YOU READERS
❤️ for patiently waiting for an update (and bugging me to do so) and going through every chapter (and for liking them too). 🤓✌🏻️😂 Trust me when I say it means a lot when you comment your thoughts and excitement about Ethan and Sam ❤️❤️

~~~~~~~~~~

"In French, you don't really say "I miss you", you say "Tu me manques" which means "You are missing from me"."
-Anonymous

4 Weeks Later

I was sitting on the corner of a coffee shop writing senseless on my journal updating a few pages I missed for the past month. This would be one of the rare occasion I wore my eyeglasses with my hair pushed back looking too domesticated compared to my usual school attire. I didn't have anything planned for today so I decided for a large hot tea and a chocolate chip oatmeal cookie. I was talking to Ethan last night and he mentioned about a trip he's taking with his squad mates for a subject he's taking - that meant no communication for a day or so. But I'm glad I found some time to just be with myself.

After writing a few pages, I paused and tried to feel the moment and be sentimental. As I think about how this year was and how amazing it was meeting who could probably the best thing that has ever happened to me, it just feels surreal. I looked around, and see how time flies so fast, the things happened this summer is one for the books.
I scanned the room and notice the people around me, a man in a suit waiting in line for his coffee, an employee wearing a crisp button down shirt preparing for a presentation and cramming something up on his laptop. Lastly, an old couple looking so much in love even after the years that passed.
I envy the latter.

As the sun is almost setting, I packed my stuff and drove to Mia's as mom won't be home for the weekend - she's attending their team building. Her job is really doing well and she's now the head of the HR department in a marketing firm. Also Mia texted and wanted to have an emergency sleepover.

I reached Mia's home in just a few turns. I could've swore I drove past the speed limit as Mia bombarded me with texts saying "Where R U?!", "I'm about to start with the last episode of Game of Thrones!!!"
She was going ballistic on me being late when she literally just texted me to come over when her mom picked Ruby up for the weekend.
We sat and ate our usual junk food and chit chat while the TV is on. I couldn't help but miss Ethan.
"One month! Mia it's been a month since I've been with Ethan. Have I gone insane or is he some sort of voodoo trying to pull me in?" I whined at my best friend as she chat her way on her phone completely bored and sarcastic.

"Oh stop being so melodramatic Mason! Geez you're like your brother."
"Okay you insulted me twice with that statement," I acted hurt. "First, I'm not the dramatic kind, and second, I'm no Gavin Mason." I laughed derisively.
"Yeah right. Moving forward, I already booked my ticket for 4th of July. Are you sure you're choosing the Publishing House over Ethan?" She asked.
It pains me to decide on this, but I could't miss the last interview with the big boss of Golden House Publishing. I just finished my first year in college, but my credentials may allow me for an internship/ a job that pays well while I study; and eventually, hopefully, for a stable job after 3 years more.
"I can't Mia. You know how this job would mean to me and my grades and more importantly my resume," I answered feeling unsure weather it's what I really feel about ditching a weekend of fun with my boyfriend over an interview. "Besides, I'll never get this chance again. It's a good thing mom's friend works there and I was able to make the process easier," I added.
"Okay okay! I'm just saying. Let me know if you change your mind," Mia answered.