Alyssa Lies

My little girl met a new friend,

just the other day,

on the playground at school

between the tires and the swings

It was just another recess in elementry school. Taylor was playing with her some of her classmates when she noticed a little girl from her class by herself. Taylor thought everyone deserved a friend, so she decided to go over to the little girl.

"Hello." Taylor said to the girl little when she approached her.

"Hi." The girl smile.

"My name is Taylor. What is yours?" She asked.

"Alyssa."

"Why are you by yourself?"

"I don't have really have friends." Alyssa frowned.

"Would you like to be my friend?" Alyssa looked at Taylor and smiled.

"I would love too."

Ever since that day, Alyssa and Taylor hung out during class, recess and after school. They became really close in the last few days.

But she came home with tear-filled eyes,

and she said to me "Daddy, Alyssa lies"

Jason Reso was in his office working. Jay was a single father and loved his little girl to death. Taylor was his whole world and she always brought him back to reality. He knows that it is hard on Taylor sometimes that her mother isn't there most of the time because she is busy working. He tried his best to make his little girl happy. He was extremely excited when Taylor made a new friend. He seen how much they had in common and how much fun they have together. Jay heard the door opened and closed; Taylor just came home from Alyssa's.

"Daddy, where are you?" Taylor shouted.

"In my office sweetie." Jay shouted back. A minute later Taylor ran into his office crying. "Tater Tot what's the matter?" He asked his little girl when she jumped into his arms.

Taylor looked up to her dad and said, "Daddy, Alyssa lies."

Jay was confused and shocked. "What?"

Well I just brushed it off at first,

'cause I didn't know how much my little girl had been hurt

or the things she had seen.

I wasn't ready when I said "You can tell me"

Jay just sat there trying to think what his daughter meant that 'Alyssa lies.' So many things were going through his mind like what has Taylor seen, what has she seen, what was wrong with Alyssa that she lied? What was Alyssa lying about? Jason held his daughter close to him. He hated seeing her cry, it broke his heart. It scared him to death to hear what Taylor was talking about, but he would find out sooner or later.

Jay sighedd. "Tater Tot." Taylor looked at him and he looked her in the eyes. "You can tell me about Alyssa."

and she said...

"Alyssa lies to the classroom,

Alyssa lies everyday at school,

Alyssa lies to the teachers

as she tries to cover every bruise"