Reasons To Live

Reason To Live [ongoing] by HisBeautifulMess

"BOOK ONE: "One day you'll leave me. You don't want a girl with a rape story," I say as I desperately try to stop my sobs and hiccups. "You deserve someone who is prettier and more stable then me." "Mon ange ," he whispers to me lightly as he holds my tear-stained face. I look at him and my breath shortens as I meet his intense look. "I don't want a girl who's perfect or prettier," he says, "because I just want you."  After the incident three months ago and her parent's divorce, Reina Caverly finds a way to cope with life: cutting and burning herself. Her mother a workaholic, her sister is an out of control teenage girl, what is there left to do? She can't even tell her two best friends, Joshua and Megan, about her problems.   Then she meets young and mysterious Calvin Young about to commit suicide which surprises Reina. He's rich; he's handsome for his age and does well at school, so why? Why would someone who has everything want to kill himself ? Everyone has a dark secret, even Calvin.    Can Reina and Calvin learn to speak up about their issues or lose to their depression?"

I love the development of Reina's and Calvin's relationship as at first they are acquaintances then become friends who are helping each other through what haunts them from the past to the present. This does contain some dark themes such as rape, abuse and self harm.

If anyone is going through some of the themes in this book don't hesitate to talk to someone, anyone. You can always message me. Just remember you are not alone.