Chapter Five.

(Phil's POV)

I wasn't really sure why, but something felt off, and it frustrated me that I didn't know why. Everything was going perfectly in my life right now, I was getting a flatmate to share the rent with, and hopefully if he wanted, a friend as well. This person was Dan Howell, the one who usually showed up at the shop, and Louise seemed to take a fancy to, though Dan didn't seem interested in the least.

But I also knew that something had happened between us, the way he looks at me. He looks at me with recognition, and admiration. And I knew it must break him inside when I look at him with nothing but confusion and skepticism. I could see it in his eyes, though his smile did nothing but falter and wobble a little bit, his eyes showed what was really going inside.

I shook my head to get these thoughts out of my head, he'd be arriving at any time now, and I couldn't be in a muddled state to great him, also knowing that Louise was coming along with him, and she would be worried if I wasn't smiling and welcoming as I usually was. I had to be perfect.

A knock at the door got my attention, and took me by surprise, forcing a yelp out of me as I fell down trying to put on my skinny jeans. Gosh darnit, why did I wear skinny jeans? They were just a hassle to put on, but I just didn't own any other kind of jeans. Shaking my head again, I finally slipped on my jeans and made my way to the front door, happily opening it. Only to be confused as I looked down.

"Hello!" She gave me a cheery greeting, one to which I mimicked, and tipped my head. I was about to question why she was here, when I saw Dan and Louise come up behind her. "Oh my gosh Desiree! I thought I told you to stay with us, I didn't know where you went!" The younger girl just giggled and rolled her eyes, "Uncle Dan, I'm perfectly fine! And this is your room mate I suppose? He's cute just like you said, hi!" I blushed, and so did Dan as he told her to shush, slapping his hand over her mouth. "Ignore her, she's a little twit sometimes, but we all love her. Phil this is my cousin, Desiree. But I'm her Uncle, figure that one out. She came with me today, she just dropped by last minute, I hope that's okay."

I only observed for the first minute or so. She had many features that Dan did, especially her coloring. Caramel coffee colored eyes and chocolate colored wispy hair that was up in a sloppy bun, she was a cute girl, I had to admit that much. And her smile was so warm and welcoming, one that I knew that I'd better wear soon or else Louise would start questioning things.

"O-of course, yes! Come in, come in. Dan, do you need help carrying things in?" I knew he'd have to have a few more boxes, or bags at least. The large items, such as his bed, had been carried in a couple of days ago. All three walked in with a smile, but I knew I had taken to long as I saw the concern in Louise's eyes, but was surprised to see some in Dan's as well.

"Are any of you hungry? I haven't gone shopping in awhile, I keep forgetting to do that, because Louise usually keeps me so well feed, but I'm sure I can scrounge up something!" Dan opened his mouth, only to be interrupted by Desiree. "I can cook! Don't you worry! I'll make something that will blow your mind!" And just like that, she walked past me into the kitchen, followed by a scolding Dan.

I refused to look at Louise, "S-so I suppose there are a few more boxes to go and get, maybe I should-" I was about to continue, but the glare she shot me shut me up. "Philip? What's wrong? Does your head hurt again? Did you take your medicine?" I nodded at her questions, "I have a small headache, but nothing bad, I promise, it should be gone in under 20 minutes." I closed the front door, already being able to smell something delicious in the air. "Oh my, looks like Desiree has already gotten started, shall we go join her and Dan?"

Without letting her answer, I turned on my heels and walked into the kitchen, to see Desiree stirring something in a pot, Dan scolding her, but a proud little smile on his face, a happy twinkle in his eyes. "What's cookin' good lookings?" I teased, causing Dan to blush, and Desiree to grin crookedly. "Oh! Hello Philip, I hope you don't mind if I call you that, it just seems proper, I'm just cooking up some Indian curry you had laying around, it's about one of seven things I can cook, thanks to my Uncle Danny-boy here." She motioned with her head to Dan, who was still a light scarlet.