Double Agent Feelings

I unsuspiciously stared at Red from across the table.

Shit Liz. No, hell no. You're freakin' engaged! But you still could like him just for now....NO! YOU'RE ENGAGED!

I quietly ate my cereal and munched on my apple. "Come on Liz." Carter said grabbing his plate. I nodded and followed him leaving the gorgeous man across from me behind. Wait what?!

Gorgeous, Red is not gorgeous. Don is the only one on your mind Liz!

"Elizabeth!" Carter snapped. I dropped out of my haze and turned my attention back towards the map.

"Liz, I'm sorry to say this but you're being an absolute bitch right now." I glared. "Now where did that come from?"

"You're imaging scenarios with Admiral Reddington when you're engaged to Donald. Come on Liz, you've both put the past behind you."

I shot daggers at him, not admitting he was right.

"Raquk." I said. He rolled his eyes and bent over the paperwork. "Liz?"

"What?" I hissed, wanting to ignore the fact he had figured me out.

"Sorry." I looked up at him."Thanks noodles." I smiled at him, his blue eyes flickered in the early sunlight.

"What's the deal about Em?"

"My sis is doing well." He replied blankly. I threw a paper airplane at him. He huffed and went on, "she's fine. Coping with the fact that I might die out here. You know?" He said, referring to his fiancé.

I nodded. "Don is too."

"What if we don't make it back, Lizzie?" He only calls me by that when he's scared, no absolutely terrified. "I don't know Carter. I truly don't know; lets just hope that doesn't happen."