17. California

•Johana•

We are finally in Los Angeles, California. I got my carry on bag and everyone got off the plane. We went through all the crap to get the rest of our luggage and walked out the airport.

The taxi cab that my mom had called for pulled up and we got in. My mom told him the address and we left. My mom and I are okay now, I guess. She's my mother and I know she's just looking out for me. We had talked sometime during the week and everything was okay. With Shawn? Yeah him and I are okay. I had mentioned to him what I heard and he quickly apologized, saying he was just trying to get her off his back. It was a lame excuse but it's okay, I guess.

We pulled up to a big house that just so happened to be on the beach. This house may be bigger than our old house. My family piled out of the cab after my mom had paid the driver and we walked inside.

"You're rooms have your names on them. Go check out the house." My mom smiled and Josselyn and I walked inside. I looked around and to my left was a big living room. It wasn't furnished yet but it was still big. To my right was a kitchen and bathroom. I walked through the kitchen and sighed.

Then I walked up the staircase and to the door that had my name on it. My mom had bought furniture and had supposedly hired people to put it together for the most part. I drew in a breath of air before opening the door.

The room I was met with was beautiful. It was about the size of a master bedroom. In one corner it had a full bathroom and the view from my window is beautiful. I walked over to the window and looked at the night sky and smiled.

I sat down on my bed and was so satisfied with how it felt that I almost moaned. I chuckled and set my stuff down and started to take my shoes off. I laid down on the bed curling under the covers and soon fell asleep again.

-

I woke up to the sun beaming brightly through my window and looked around at my surroundings. For a minute I forgot I had spent fourteen hours on a plane coming all the way to California.

I got up out of my bed and decided to take a shower. I stripped off my clothes from yesterday and stepped into the warm shower.

I washed my hair and body taking my time and relaxing a bit. I shaved some and soon stepped out of the shower.

I dried off and walked to my suitcase and put on a bra and panties. I grabbed a black crop top and high waisted shorts. I put some socks on before blow drying my hair and straightening it. I pinned some strands back and smiled in the mirror making sure I looked okay.

I grabbed my phone and saw a text from Shawn.

"Hi <3"

I smiled and texted him back with a 'good morning'. I really did miss Shawn. I'm glad him and I are talking again. Which reminds me. I put Melissa, Dan and Abby in a group chat and sent them a good morning.

So far this place isn't so bad. It looks beautiful and yes I will miss Maryland and it's chilly weather. But actually being here in Cali makes me kind of happy. So I softly smiled and walked downstairs to see my mother unpacking the kitchen boxes.

"Good morning, Johana. You're boxes are still out in the truck right now and everyone's bringing boxes in. Could you help out please?" I nodded even though I don't know why we were unpacking so early. I walked out the door and instantly was fanned by Los Angeles hot weather.

I think I'll be okay here.

------------

Again more of a filler. But I've been getting lots of ideas and I'll update again tomorrow and I promise this time! Haha

Have a good night/day 😊❤️

-Jamie <3