{Chapter 1}

Hi. Lol. This is my first 'original writing' on here. Sorry!

Go ahead and read...

¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯'¯

Being Victoria Matthews was a pain in the butt, even if life was as simple as working as a barista.

I mean, who knew I wasn't a morning person to begin with? Everyday, 5am, get up and get ready, walk to the shop, prepare and produce; everyday. Yep.
It's been like this for 6 months now and I can't say I'm getting used to it.

Boring, right? But hey, it gets me paid and also gives me something to do other than schooling.

I've been working at my aunt's shop for a while now, or should I say I've practically grown up in it and only now have I actually been able to be useful in it.

Today's particularly busy compared to the whole of this month. It's pretty cold outside, so I see why. We've gone through a 20-pound coffee bean bag in an hour, and we're still fixing up more!

Riley's handling the cashier, while Wendy and I are rushing our butts to get these orders in.

"2 espressos heading your way!" Riley, calls over his shoulder, even though we get the orders from the screen above us.

He was 2 years older than me, 25, and was the annoying yet caring person in the group. With hazel eyes that could see through you, he knew what you were thinking. His shaggy brown hair was left untouched by us since he was too tall to ruffle it all up more.

"Okay we got it, loud mouth.." Grumbled Wendy, who rolled her eyes as she slid two hot chocolates onto the counter, proceeding to call for someone named 'Dallas.' She was the same age as me, and was the relatable one who could baffle you with weirdness.

She had short, bleached hair with a crimson tint at it's roots. Her green eyes were unmistakably a unique thing that never dulled, just like her personality. Wendy may be an outgoing and wild person, but she is very cautious and somewhat paranoid.

I sighed and moved away a loose hair on my face, glancing up at the screen for the next order. Venti Caramel frappe and a sausage-and-egg muffin.

I quickly prepped the caramel frappe, placing it into the blender to mix while I go and get the breakfast sandwich tp toast it.

Just as I was swirling the syrup on the whipped-cream, the toaster dinged to signal it was ready. I placed it in a small paper bag and lidded the frappe, slapping on the sticker that had the person's probably misspelled name on it and went to place it on the counter.

I didn't have to call out a name because the customer had already come to collect it. It wasn't long before another order appeared. Today's gonna be a long day.

-- a few hours later --

It was time to close up shop and clean everything up. Luckily, everyone left around 6pm since it was already dark outside. Wendy stayed to help, while Riley was off to a relative's birthday. That lucky son of a gun.

"Hey Wendy, wanna go see 'Jurassic World' tomorrow? I heard it's really good." I was spraying lemon-scented cleaner on the tables that really got to my nose. I ignored it as I glanced up at Wendy.