Kim Soohyun

I am so near yet so far.

"Sunbae,"

I turn around and see Kang Seungyoon, breathless and sweaty. He's already breathing through his mouth and base from his legs, I can tell he's been running all this time.

"It's been an hour but I can't still find Noona." He says and then swallows. "She told me she'd just be waiting in the warehouse. I asked the cameraman with her and he said that she took the long way."

The PD sighs in amusement. "Dara always takes things far too seriously."

"I ran in the long way but I couldn't find her so I called GD sunbae—"

"What?" I ask, after hearing the name. 'Who did you call?"

"GD sunbae." Seungyoon replies, indignant. "He's around the area and he's better than any of us in finding—"

"I'll find her." I tell him, grabbing my coat.

"Thank you, sunbae." Seungyoon mutters in disbelief, blinking his eyes rapidly. "But sunbae—I'll come with you. The cameraman wants to too."

"Me too." The PD says, grinning.

I sigh and run, with them following closely behind. Seungyoon points the way, and judging from it, she must've lost her sense of direction.

"Noona!" Seungyoon suddenly shouts and a rush of relief floods over me. I walk closer but quickly stop in my tracks when I see him holding her.

We look each other in the eyes. Sandara always knows what I'm feeling because she always—always see right through me.

Seungyoon sighs, placing his hands on his hips and says, "I thought that warehouse are the most suspicious things, Noona?"

She was about to whisper my name but I can't let her do that...because after all, I am the one who did this to myself. I forced her into this thing that's nameless. Beyond friends but never getting to lovers. A relationship that goes forward but not advances. We are just like that.

Even if I prove her that she'll always be my first.

I clench my fist, fighting the urge to shout and hurt myself. "I-I am going to call an ambulance."

And I run, away from the person who hates being last—but treated me so.