Part 1

I woke up this morning feeling great, and not for even a second thinking something could go wrong today.

Even though I have school, I'm still kind of excited. In fact I have been excited for the whole week since I got here.

Let me get things straight for you because I think you might be a bit lost, hehe.

I'm from Australia, but since my parents died a month ago, I had to move in with my aunt all the way to the U.S. Anyways, as I said earlier I arrived here in Cali about a week ago and I've been literally jumping around like crazy.

Today would be my first day of junior high at my new school and I'm shaking.

At 7:00 am, my alarm woke me up from a great dream I was having; there were hot guys, pizza, even unicorns and chocolate....a lot of it.... What?! Don't judge me!

I got up from my comfy bed and headed to the bathroom. Once I was done I went to pick out some clothes for the day from my new white wardrobe. I decided I would wear black skinny jeans and a white sweater with black letters on Chinese (I don't really know what they mean, but they looked cool). Finally, I picked my black combat boots that I left near my bed.

Once I did my hair, which consisted on my usual boring brown hair with their natural waves and a beanie. I looked at myself on the mirror and inspected my body with my green eyes which always shifted to blue at night. My tanned and kind of fit body, I mean I'm not skinny but I'm not fat either, I just try to be as healthy as I can.

I took a step back and almost jumped when my aunt shouted from downstairs for me to go eat breakfast.

I shouted back alright and took my phone from the charger before closing the door. I went straight to the kitchen only to receive a hug from Megan, my aunt. She's a young independent woman that works non-stop as a deputy CEO in a well-known company.

- Hi there! How are you sweetie?! – she said while cooking some bacon on a pan – Are you ready for today

- Hi aunty! I'm kind of nervous, but it's not that bad – I said taking a seat on the counter chair.

- Well that's something normal so don't worry, you'll be just fine – she said while getting a plate of bacon and eggs in front of me.

- I know aunty, and thanks you but you didn't need to make me breakfast – I said. I got up and went to the fridge to get some orange juice, on my way back to my seat I gave her a quick kiss on her cheek and started eating.

- It's alright. I wanted to do something for you before I go to that work trip. Are you sure you don't want me to stay? I feel bad leaving you here alone.

- We talked about this yesterday. I'll be fine, plus I can ask the neighbors next door if I need anything.

- I know but I feel bad leaving you behind – she said with a concerned voice.

- I know you do aunty, but you need this job, and I won't be the one to make you lose it. Anyways, I should go now – I said looking at my wrist watch.

- Alright honey, do you want me to take you there?

- No thanks! I want to walk there so I can remember how to get there.

I got up and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth. I went back downstairs and took my schoolbag and my keys, but before I could get to the front door Meg appeared in front of me.

- Remember I won't be here when you come back; there will be some money on the counter if you need it and I'll ask the neighbors to take a look at you whenever they can. Be careful – she said as fast as she could and kissed my forehead.