Chapter 12

The time apart was actually really good for Chris and Naomi this time around. They each needed time to think about each other and their situation. Chris had such a great time on tour with the band. It was a great way to promote themselves and for Chris to have a distraction from everything that had been going on lately.

Naomi grew closer with her friends at work and went out with them some. She did good at work and, despite what may have happened previously, still felt very safe in the environment she was working in.

Bella never showed up again.

Now, Naomi had fallen asleep on the couch waiting for Chris to return.

Chris quietly walks into the house. He looks at sleeping Naomi and smiles. Chris quickly puts his things upstairs in the bedroom, then walks back downstairs. He turns off the TV and the lights, then scoops Naomi up and carries her upstairs.

Once to the bedroom, Chris lays Naomi down on the bed. Chris then leans down and lightly kisses her forehead. He was happy to be home with her.

Chris stands back to his full height, then walks to the bathroom to wash up.

x

Chris walks back into the bedroom to find Naomi sitting up in bed, rubbing her eyes.

"Hey." She says.

Chris takes his shirt off and flops face down on the bed.

"Hey." Chris repeats, his voice muffled.

Naomi gives a small laugh, "I'm happy you're home."

Chris looks up at her and smiles, "I'm happy too. Tour was really great, but it always gets a little stressful towards the end. I'm looking forward to just being able to relax a while." Chris says before shutting his eyes.

He then feels Naomi climbing onto his back.

"Uh, what are you doing?"

"You said you wanted to relax and you're tense as fuck. Do you not remember how good my massages are?"

"Well, yeah, but - oh. Ohhhh..." Chris sighs as Naomi begins to rub his back and shoulders, "You should do this professionally."

Naomi giggles, "Maybe someday I will."

"Or you could just give me massages forever."

"I'll have to start doing this more often I guess."

"Yeah, you do. A beautiful woman giving me massages every day; that entire thought process is just really...sexy..."

Naomi ponders her words, then speaks, "Do you...think I'm sexy?"

Chris snorts, "Who wouldn't?" He asks, "Oh, I almost forgot. Is dinner with my family still on for tomorrow night?"

"Yeah, of course. It's my day off tomorrow so I'm gonna meet with Ryan Ashley during the day to get ideas on how to cover this stupid tattoo up."

Chris laughs, "I'm sure she'll do a great job with whatever she does."

Naomi nods. She looks at the tattoos on Chris' back and lightly traces them with her fingers.

"I really like these...I guess I don't see you shirtless often enough to really be able to pay attention to them."

Naomi raises herself up on her knees as Chris turns over to lay on his back, facing her. Naomi lowers herself back down on him and Chris' hands slowly - hesitantly, rather - go to her hips.

"What are you doing?" Chris asks, quietly.

Naomi swallows, "I don't really know..."

Chris raises an eyebrow "Trying something new?"