Chapter 7: Im scared too!

Arnold's POV

Helga.. Tell her
Tell her.. Helga

My head was spinning and I couldn't think straight. The only thing I could think of was Helga.
I don't think I can hold my "cool"
As Gerald would say. I tried to think of my parents.

Sandy beaches...
Tropical breeze...
Blonde sunny ray...
Ocean blue...
Blue. Blue. Helga.

Darn it! I decided to hit the hay. After all I had plans to make tommorow.

-----Tommorow Afternoon----

Helga was late.

I frowned as i saw Gerald and Phoebe kiss and say vows.

I looked around the corner and down the street.

I spotted a pink crop shirt.

Finally?

Arnold: "Hel-"

She was talking to a man. This man was bulky and looked sick.
He started touching her shoulders. A sudden burn in my stomach made me scorch with anger. But then I notice her back off quickly before I could even call her name once more. She turned her heel and walked my direction.

I turned my head and took steps back to avoid her view...

Who was he?

Helga's POV

I felt pain come across my stomach.
That good for nothing
Lousy son of a....

Helga: "Arnold?.."
As i turned the corner to where the theater was at, I saw him..

Hair flipped to the back of his neck, emerald eyes glistening as he managed a smile. But not his normal smiles..

Helga: "hey! I- I was late. I know that but I'm here." I started fiddling with my fingers.

Arnold: "i can see, if you got here any second later I probably would have to suffer this fault in the stars crap behind me, myself." I chuckled, looking at Phoebe and Gerald find their way towards us holding hands.

Gerald: "Hey Helga, feeling yourself?" He patted my back kinda hard and gave him a scowl.

Helga: "yeah I'm fine, perfect actually!" I punched him back.

He shrieked in pain.

Gerald: "okay okay Man... Pataki I see, Ol Betsy and the five avengers have rise once again."

I gave him a smirk.

Phoebe: "tsk tsk tsk," she pretended to scold me, " We agreed that we would get along and cooperate at this loving event Arnold has invited us to." She gave Arnold a smile.

As did Gerald, but I kept my face neutral. No reason to smile. It was dumb and quite irrealavent.

Arnold moved closer to me. I accidentally blushed.
Shrikies!

I smiled to cover my cheeks.

Arnold: "cmon, we are gonna be late!"
He raced through the halls, me following behind and Phoebe and Gerald lagging behind.

We entered the dark room. Only flash of lights from the big screen was illuminating our faces. I saw Arnold escort me through one row. And we sat ourselves in the middle.

Giggles and chuckles ran through the room as Phoebe and Gerald situated themselves at the back of the dark room.

Leaving us together. That is until I hear some girl come towards us.

Unknown: "CURLY, shhhhh, people are here a-" the conversation stopped as the voice started calling us out with a snobby voice.

That aroma,
I sniffed...
Too much perfume!
I shriveled my nose in my hands.

RHONDA.

Rhonda: "Helga?! Arnold!? On my goddness, have my eyes deceived me!"

I slumped in my chair as the girl ran to get seats next to us.
She wore a tight red dress, with sandle wedges tapping the ground annoyingly. Her black hair reaching her neck.

Curly followed behind her. He looked better than he was when he was younger. No need to explain his appearance. Just imagine he looked like Nick Jonas but with jet black hair.

Arnold: "Hey Rhonda, Curly?" he arched his eyebrows.

Cruly: "Hey." he looked at him, blowing his hair out of his eyes, "babe, you sure you want to sit here, my queen deserves a sit away from the lames we see before us." he touched her theigh.

Rhonda: "okay, go find some seats. I'll be there in a sec." she looked at me and smirked.

Me and Arnold looked at them and frowned in union.

Helga: "what Rhonda.." I muttered.

Rhonda: " say cheese!"

Before I knew it, a flash of light sparked my eyes. My eyes were a blur for a minute. I scrubbed my eyes.

Helga: "what the hell?!?"
I tried to look at Arnold who was wide eyes as ever.

Rhonda: "instagram is gonna love this! See ya sound love birds!" she got up from her seat and left us in utter shock.

The movies was still in previews and me and Arnold kept the silence between each other.
Until...

Arnold: "you should have came earlier, I didn't know what movie you would want to watch." he rubbed his neck.

Helga: "Im sure its fine..Arnoldo." I blushed at the old nickname.

The screen turned black. Then revealing a clip of what seems to be a family. In a house. I got bored, its all talk talk talk. And not-

Helga: "AHHHH!!" I shaked and quivered at the horror scene.

Not even noticing as i jumped in fear, I got closer to Arnold.

Arnold: "Gerald picked it..its-"

Helga: "paranormal activity 4." I shook off my fear , but never inching away from Arnold's warmth.

It was definitely scary. I didn't think I could take it any longer.

Arnold: "Helga, we don't have to watch, we can wait outside." he whispered in my ear.

I wanted to let out a sigh but instead i shrieked in horror. I covered my mouth and looked at him in embarrassment. He gave me a loving smile.

Helga: "I'm going to the bathroom." I got up and hunched my back so others could see the show.

Arnold: "me too."

Helga: "seriously."

Arnold: "im scared too."

Helga: "fine." I frowned at him but as I turned my head I smiled.

We hurried to the exit of the show. I looked behind to see Phoebe huddled in Gerald's arm.
She looked scared as well.
I turned to open the door. But Arnold has already caught it for me.

*sighh

-------------IN THE HALLWAYS-------