Chapter 6: Trust No One

Miquan's POV:

The bell rang, so I sat in my seat of my firsr period class. Oliver walked over to me.

"Hey.. um can we talk?" They asked.

"Yeah." I said.

"I went on a date with Miranda... She seemed unhappy afterward. I don't know if I did or said something wrong. I told her that, but she said it's not you it's me. I really don't understand what she means by that."

"Well. Maybe there is something wrong with her... or something happening in her life."

"Or maybe she just doesn't like me."

"You don't know that, Oliver."

"I'm sure that is the reason she didn't enjoy the date," Oliver said as they walked to their seat.

"Bruh! We gotta substitute." I yelled.

"Literally, like nobody cares." Heather said.

"Shut up and go to starbucks!" I said to her.

"Freakin' racist." She said flipping her long blonde hair.

"You call that racism. Imagine being black. My kind were treated like dogs, and used as slaves. We were property not people." I informed her.

"The guy is right, Heather. According to my studies, African Americans were enslaved and beaten. People thought they were not equal." Chase said adjusting his glasses.

"I learned that in fifth grade." Heather said.

"Good for you," I said.

Oliver walked over to my seat.

"I don't know what to do because she said she couldn't tell me what the problem was," They said.

"Bruh, that was on Friday. It is the past. Move on." I said.

"But I can't stop thinking about it." Oliver said.

"This is why you shouldn't trust no one." I said.

"What is that suppose to mean?" They asked.

"If she can't trust you with the problem she has, then, you can't trust her." I said.

"That is stupid!" They yelled.

"I guess it may be stupid, but that is my motto and I tell myself it all the time." I said.