Alliance

Greetings lovelies,
Like I said, update will be soon, it is here.
It's the day where Akshay and Nikita meet officially.
Enjoy reading.
Keep voting.
Thank you always.

Alliance

Nikita's P.O.V.

I was sitting in front of mirror staring at myself. I wore a dark green Kurta suit with yellow dupatta. Some yellow designing was present on the edges of sleeves. My hair combed in half up and half down with a clutch at the nape of my neck. I wore gold coloured artificial bangles on both wrists, two on each. A pair of golden jhumkas dangled from my ear lobes. On whole I looked good.

I took a deep breath. I looked in the mirror and saw dadi sitting on my bed in Indian squat. Ani was sitting on the chair. I turned towards them. They looked at me and sighed.

"Reject him" Ani said.

"Niku, I am not sending you so far away. Delhi is too much distance. It takes two days to reach there. Right Ani?"

I looked at my cousin, he too glanced at me, and we both started laughing. Leave it to our sweet old grandmother to lighten up the mood.

"Dadi, Delhi is not that much far, just 6 hours drive." Ani said.

"6 hours ? It is still far. Niku, reject him." Dadi ordered me.

I wanted to jump in her arms and tell her everything. But instead I said, "let me at least meet him, dadi"

"Suni was saying he is a big man. Is that true?" Dadi asked.

Yes it was true. My suspicion of this guy was proved right when three of us searched him on google. Actually, Suni and Ani came to my room and woke me up in morning. They said something about him being famous and all. So we surfed and found out.

Akshay Singhania, 28 years old, birth place Jaipur.
Studied in top law university of the country.
Ranked among top 10 lawyers of the country. At this age this was a big achievement.
His property and annual income were mentioned too. The guy had pockets as deep as chand baori well. The Singhania family owns many businesses all over India.

A picture of him was also present. He had a well defined jaw line, clean shaved and high cheekbones. He was handsome. I would give him that.
I had looked closer and that was then I remembers where I had seen him. He had been near the pool where I had been cheering up little Divya along with other kids. But that had been the only time I saw him.
It was surprising that he even noticed me.

Ani explained the same to dadi.

There was slight nuisance at the front door. I guess our guest had arrived. I looked at watch. He was on time. My heartbeat quickened and butterflies danced in my belly. After knowing his history, I was suddenly more nervous. One would think after seeing many prospected men for marriage, I would be used to such things. But I still got nervous.
Suddenly aunty's words crossed my mind. I was not only nervous. I was scared. Scared that I didn't have a choice this time. It was not like the earlier proposals were rejected by my choice, but today I was totally bound. They had selected him. He already liked me and sent the proposal. I had been emotionally blackmailed last night to say yes. It was already final that I would have to marry him. This was just a formality to show him, dadi and others.

Sunaina came running in my room. "Niki di, he is so haaawwt. And tall. And, and .... Di, You are so lucky."

Lucky. Yeah right.

Dadi and Ani were already on their way to leave the room and greet him. I quickly went to dadi and held her hand. Dadi looked at me and smiled.
"Niku, everything will be fine, if you are destined to be with him, then it will happen. No one can do anything."