Prologue

• Dedicated to To whoever made the cover to this book(:

It was snowing hard. Not really, I just liked to think of the soft rain pelting down on my coat as snow. It made my body numb and senseless. And at the moment I liked that feeling of nothingness, it made the idea of crawling back into the noise that I called my home one of the worst ideas. E.V.E.R.

My boots made ripples in the puddles as I trudged over a small hill. I watched the water cascade down the blades of grass and absorb into the soil. I liked the little things like that most people didn't even notice.

I continued wondering over more and more hills until I found the huge oak tree that I had come to ever since I couldn't stand my family anymore. It was a safe haven. It was like a second home to me. I sat on the rough wooden swing that I had attached to it less than a year back. I wasn't really a swing, more like a small wooden plank attached to two ropes that were then attached to the biggest and strongest branch of the old oak tree.

I kicked my feet off the ground with enough momentum to get the swing moving and going back and forth. I started humming somewhere over the rainbow, over and over in my head and shut my eyes and rested the side of my head on the rough rope somewhere in the middle of the first verse.

That's when I heard a crackling sound over-head. My eyes flickered open as something burning rushed over the tree.

Woosh

I stood up and followed the trail of smoke with my finger, leading it to a patch of burnt crops in the middle of a paddock.

My hood flew back, revealing my dyed light pink hair and it started to get drenched with the now torrential rainfall.

I pumped my legs and ran towards the pale object in the middle of the clearing. I stopped at the edge of the burnt patch.

"H-Hey!? Is there anyone there!?" I eyed the object suspiciously. It wasn't on flames now. In fact, it was pale and I think it was partially white. So not a meteor. So what was it?

I inched forward curiously as the phrase 'Curiosity killed the cat' passed my mind. I let a hiss of annoyance pass my lips as I thought of my mind under-mining my confidence.

"Uhm..." My feet stepped lightly over the crisp burnt grass and I circled the object until I came to a standstill. IT WAS A PERSON!

"Oh my freaking god. Are you okay?" I took a few steps forward as a groan escaped the pale body. Their body was in a kneeling pose with their forehead rested precariously on their knee. There were... Wings coming out of its back. Wings! They were ripped and feathers were scattered everywhere. One of its hands were in a fist and the other gripped its upper arm like its life depended on it. It let out another groan as their body tipped sideways and they fell on their side and their long white hair blew in the wind.

Okay. So now I knew it was a girl. And she was naked. Also she fell from the sky. And she was on fire. Is it just me, or does this not seem normal?

❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

Hey guys, so that was the prologue :**

Vote for more and I will love you forever more

*Scary Music Plays* What will happen next? *Disappears in a cloud of smoke*

xx