Chapter 13: A Drunken Disaster

Lani is at Cameron's house and she asks the butler for a glass of champagne and she hears her phone ring again and it's her brother, Lucian. He called her all day yesterday, but she ignored him because she was busy helping Nala and Faith. 

      Lani sighs and answers "hello?" Her brother, Lucian says "we need to talk! Meet me at the restaurant Bella works at by 5:30 pm and so help me God, Lani, I'm not joking right now, you better show up ON TIME!" And Lani asks "why?" And Lucian growls "JUST BE THERE!" He hangs up on her. Lani removes the phone from her ear and looks confused, but pushes it away and throws her phone next to her. 

The butler comes to her and says "your champagne, Madame" she smiles at the the butler and says "thank you, Carlisle" he nods his head and walks away. She gets up while drinking her champagne, then she sees the door open up and she sees her sister in law— Callie, come in. 

Lani gasps and says "Cal!?" And she says "L!?" Lani puts down her champagne and they run to each other and hug. They pull away and Lani asks "omg, what are you doing here?" And Callie asks "you didn't think I wouldn't come after hearing you and my little brother are engaged, did you?" 

      Lani smiles and says "I did expect you to come and I also notice how you have an American accent now" and Callie says "yeah, being in America for four years changed me, my accent especially." They laugh together and Lani asks "how's Monica?" And she says "she's great, she's here too" and Lani asks, shocked "really? Does she know about Fiona— your dad's new girl, being here?" 

Callie says "she does, but she doesn't care. Cyrus is a womanizer, everyone in England knows that" they laugh together again and Callie says while sitting on the couch "but enough about me! How have you been? Tell me everything." Lani sits next to her and says, feign exhausted "gladly!" Callie looks at her confused and curious. Her and Lani start talking for three hours. 

Callie told her about her job in America and Lani told her about everything that's happened, with Mack and everything. Callie asks "so Mackenzie is back and she's been here to visit before, but she didn't say a word to you or the others?" 

      Lani nods her head and says "yep. Everyone may have forgiven her, but I haven't" and Callie says "and completely understandable too." Lani says "thank you! At least you understand and the others" Callie nods her head agreeing while drinking her wine and Lani checks her phone and sees it's 5:00. 

Lani says "oh, damn it!" She gets up and grabs her keys and Callie asks "what's wrong?" And Lani says "my brother wants to meet up" and Callie asks "why?" And Lani says "no idea! But he didn't sound happy and he made it clear he didn't want me to be late." 

Callie says "yikes! Do you think he found out about you and Cam being engaged?" Lani thinks it over and shrugs and says "probably" she opens the door and Callie says "wait for me! I gotta see this!" She walks out with her and to the car and Lani drives them there. 

      Twenty minutes later, they're there and they get out and walk towards the diner. When they walk in, Lani stops dead in her tracks when she sees everyone by the bar together, laughing and talking, including Mack, Xavier, and Kaleb. 

Callie looks to where she's looking at and she asks "is that them?" Lani nods her head and starts walking over to them along with Callie. When she gets there, she says "well, look at this" everyone turns towards her and she asks "Callie you see this?" Callie nods her head and says "yes." 

Lani says "see, when Mackenzie left, everyone separated for 14 years and now look: Mackenzie is back and now all the friends are back together with two more friends added and minus one." Everyone except Kaleb, Xavier, and Mack give Lani an angry look and Callie says "well, I'll go get us a table. Good luck" and Lani says still glaring at everyone "thanks!"