○●Prologue●○

Contrary to popular belief, I did not fall in love the moment I saw my mate.

Just like any other person I saw, I glanced at him from the side if my eye and continued scrolling through my feed and sipping my coffee. Minnie's was having a slow day and I sat in one of the very few occupied booths in my favorite yellow dress and white flats.

I knew that today was the day, and that I would meet the one I would marry seeing as it was my 18th birthday. But I had left the house in an attempt to escape the constant pestering of my family,not to go soul searching.

Now, I know this is how it would play out. I would come to Minnie's and have myself a coffee until someone devilishly handsome sweeps me right off my feet and into their pack house. But I did not expect, nor did I want it to be him.

Alpha Haden Young entered Minnie's Coffee Café at exactly 10:21 AM on November 2nd 2015. Not only was he followed my his usual entourage (beta Damien and his brother Nikolai) but he looked stunning. A pressed suit fit his broad shoulders snugly and his million dollar smile did a fine job lighting up the room.

He ordered black coffee with a freshly baked blue berry muffin before winking at the waitress, and strolling over to the booth across from my own. Barely glancing my way for a second before he began speaking to his companions.

And that's when I fell in love. Or at least in what I believed love was. He smiled brightly and his eyes crinkled cutely when he laughed. He spoke in a hushed voice, but his bright eyes told everything. He was content.

He was powerful. His pack was well known around these parts and well respected. They weren't the most powerful, but the most driven, therefore the most dangerous. He had blood in his ledger, lots of it, and he was proud. He basked in his glory and spoke as if he ruled the world. But in a way, he did. He was the king of the Lunar Knights. He was invincible.

He was not my type.

But still, when he looked me in the eyes and shot me a grin, I smiled back. And when I felt the bond form, I didn't break it. Instead, I thought the four letter word more dangerous than love and hate.

Mate.

And I smiled even bigger when he thought it back, his words springing off of our newly formed link and into my head. And I stood, got his number and left.

I walked down the streets the happiest I'd ever been and I didn't even glance at another man.

I could feel my hot blood pumping through my veins and my fingers grasped my phone tightly as I remembered him holding it to put his number in, and my stomach exploded with bees and my mind was teeming with thoughts of a future and what he was like.

I opened the doors of my pack house and engulfed my mom in a huge hug and told my father about him. I giggled like a child and squealed.

But when I got to my room, I didn't call him. Instead, I shut my phone off. And continued on as if nothing had happened.

Haden Young had blood on his hands and I wasn't going to let him touch mine because blood stains.

A/N

The whole story will not be written like this. Unless you want. But now would be the time to request.

Also, if anything is misspelled please tell me, I'm writing this at night.

Anyways, I'm bri, and all characters and plot lines belong to me unless stated otherwise.

Please vote and comment :)

Thanks.