Brooklyn

It's Ok.
You can do this.
New high school, No problems.
You got this.
Eleventh grade isn't that bad.
Think of the friends you'll have.
And the guys you'll meet.
All you have to do is open that door.

I grabbed the door handle to class 208 and walked in.

"Morning new kid who's name I don't remember," The guy who I think is the teacher, held out his hand for me to take.

"Brooklyn,"

"Nice to meet you, Brooklyn. I am Mr. Connor, Mathematics teacher, and if there is anyway for me to help you settle don't be afraid to ask," A second passed and he let go of my hand. "Seriously. Don't."

"Uh ok. I guess. So where do I sit?"

He looked around the room rubbing the stubble on his jaw.

"Right column, 3rd row, right seat."

I turned to finally take a look at the students, just to see pity in there eyes. Why?

"May the odds be ever in your favor," Mr. Connor pushed me gently in my seat direction.

I walked quickly and sat down at my seat. Looking to my left I notice a boy who looked like he was peacefully sleeping. He cracked one of his eyes open to look directly at me.

"What are you looking at?" His voice was deep and husky. A perfect match for that type of face. His hair was brown, sexy, and wild with a pair of hazel eyes to match. He was tan but not too tan and had lips to die for.

"Are you done? I would love to have my face back." I decided to ignore that and try to be friendly.

"My name is Brooklyn. What's yours?"

He looked at me for a bit longer before huffing in annoyance.

"You don't need to know it."

"Why?"

"Because I don't like you. Less than 2 seconds here and your already getting on my nerves. That's a record."

Instead of biting back, I mumbled rude much and went ahead, listening to what Mr. Connor had to say.

"Jordan."

Without looking at him I smiled.

That's your first mini victory. What's the next one?

When class ended, everyone left pretty quickly. What's the rush for? In the hallway, almost everyone was traveling in a group. Some chattered loudly while some didn't make any noise at all. I navigated through the bundles not trying to speak with any of them, avoiding the awkward I just met you conversation.

For 2nd period I had art. The teacher Ms.Wimble was a very imaginative woman. She gave everyone an easel and some paint and told us to paint what ever comes to mind. I painted in only brown acrylic and black ink and out came the best realistic eye drawings I have ever done. Ms. Wimble came and looked at my work and smiled at me. "Very talented, New Girl." She said. As I went to go put up my supplies I collided with a bunch of blonde and pink.

"Oh my literal word. You literally got black ink on my fur coat!" The voice led to one of the possible stereotypes of the school. The popular girl. She was wearing pink upon pink and a lot of makeup. The tray that was once in my hands was now on her coat dripping to her skirt. "You stupid bitch! Stop looking at me and help me?!"

Instead of reaching out a hand, I grabbed the tray and continued to put it back in the sink. The class gasped in unison. "She is the one!" One girl whispered to her friend. I quickly grabbed my stuff and left out of the class.

The bell rang the moment i stepped out. Finally its lunch.