Lunch

Frankie's resturant was bomb as fuck. Like the smell: yes. The food: yaaaaaasssssss. I can't wait for me to bite into a yummy BBQ Bacon burger. My mouth was crying with anticipation. The first time i have ever tried a burger from here was in 9th grade, even though it was a 20 minute walk from Northland high. Every day I would take the trip down the hill and back up just to get the same burger and fries. It was totally worth it though. I needed the escape and change of scenery from primped and prissy girls and wannabe charming charlies.When my thought train circled back to why i was standing were I was, my anticipation quickly turned to agitation. What's taking this guy so long?

"Ok. So is that all? Are you sure? Like surely sure dude?" He combed through his brown hair, flipping back into its style. "So when I get back I better not hear you complain about some god damn fries or packet of ketchup or I swear to god I will knock the living shot out of you. Ok. Bye."

The cashier stood from her seat and smiled brightly. "So what would you like to order?"

"Let me get four cheeseburgers, 2 large fries, 2 milkshakes, vanilla and chocolate, 3 apple pies, and one slice of cheesecake."

"Sure. Would you like a side of diabetes with that?" The cashier quipped. I laughed my ass off. That's why I love this place.

"Not today, Shirley."

Soon after she totaled the guys price and had him pay finally it was my turn.

"Brooklyn. Its so good to see you! Im so sorry about your school. Its such a tragedy. What can I get for you today?" Her face showed pity as obviously as the color or her hair. A very brightly blue.

"Can I get a BBQ Bacon burger and a vanilla shake?"

"Sure sweetie. Anything else?"

I shook my head, payed, and stepped out of the line. When I got to the part of the restaurant where you pick up your food I saw someone familiar. I opted not to say anything to him though. But I got even harder when his hazel eyes met mine. I immediately looked down, not trying to show submission but to look at something less... powerful.

"So your not going to talk to me, Neighbor?" I looked back up in surprise and laughed.

"Nope. I didn't want you to think I was trying to steal your face again."

he smiled his Listerine smile. "Well now I wouldn't mind." His eyes scanned my body up and down. "I don't mind at all."

Before i could retaliate Shirley came up with my food. "Yours is almost done." She smiled at Jordan a little too wide and ended up looking like the joker. He visibly shuddered and smiled back weakly.

I waltzed over to my favorite booth, sat in my favorite spot, arranged my food in my favorite way and began to take a bite. Until my not so favorite person came and sat in front of me. While I was eating my food, he sat there looking out the window. Suddenly I heard a click in my head and pulled out my camera and took the picture of him.

He looked at me and smirked. "Had to have something to remember me at night?"

"Nope. I just have this weird habit were I find the need to take pictures when it fits."

"Order up!"

I looked from Shirley back to Jordan. He looked back at me.

"Well. I guess that's for me. See you around, brooks."

And with that he grabbed his food and left.