Chapter 5 - The Next Day

Riley's P.O.V
When I woke up, I turn on my phone to see how many message I have.  15 missed calls and 30 messages and 1 voicemail. So I decided to listen to the voicemail and it was from Ryder.
"Riley it is me, Ryder. I just to say I am sorry. I should told you I had a girlfriend or I shouldn't have kissed back as much as I did and..." I hung up and deleted it. I didn't want to hear anymore. I decided to go to school early to do research on Columbia but I already know everything about the school. I'm thinking maybe I over reacted because he is not my boyfriend or anything and I should know by now he will never be anything more than a friend. I'm driving to school and it is like 7:00 am and I get there around 7:15. I got a call from Emma and I answer it.
"Hello?" I said.
"Oh my gosh you actually answered. Where the hell are you. We are outside." Emma said.
"Em, I have my own car." I said.
"Oh!"
"I tried to tell her, but she wouldn't stop talking." I heard Michael say in the background.
"I decided to go to school early. So I'll see you later." I said and hung up.
I walked inside and went to my locker because had book to put in my locker and out of all the people in fun into it had to be Ryder.
"Oh god. I'm sorry." He said not realizing it was me. I stood up and he finally look at me.
"Riley, I'm hi how are you?"
"I'm great and yourself."
"I'm..." He began to say but was interrupted by his girlfriend, who started kissing him. Once that happened, I walked away.
"Wait, Riley." Ryder said pushing his girlfriend, Sara away. But I also ran into my friend Jess, "Hey, Riley. I need you in the yearbook room. Right now." She said and we walked away.
"Thanks" I said because yearbook doesn't start until next week.
"You're welcome. Em told me. Are you okay?"
"I wish people would stop asking me that. I'm fine. And it was just a kiss. It's not like he's my boyfriend, okay. I need to get to class."
When the bell rang for class, Ryder wasn't there. About 15 minutes later, Ryder finally showed but was still talking when he opened the door.
"Ryder, please talk to me." Sara begged.
"I need to go to class. We'll talk later." Ryder said turning around to face the teacher but stops half way to look at me. He just stared at me.
Ryder's P.O.V
When I saw Riley, I just kept staring at her. It reminded me of yesterday and  how I felt.
Flashback
"Oh my god. Fine then." She said turning around and walking over to me. She bented domain a little to kiss me and when she did I felt like this rush of something, I don't know. Then, I stood still kissing her and put my arms around her and I could feel my heart beating out of my chest. Suddenly, I remember Sara, my girlfriend. I pulled away and I couldn't help it, I said, " I have a girlfriend."
I looked at her. Then she ran away and it took everything not to run after her and kiss her again.
Present
"Ryder?" Mrs. Davis said.
"Um yes Mrs. Davis." I said.
"Can you please take your seat so I can start the class or you going to just stand there talking to your girlfriend?" She said and I realize Sara was still there and she saw me staring at Riley.
"Sara I will call you later." I said to her and she closed the door. I started to walk over to my seat next to Riley.
"Hey, can we forget that it ever happened and go back to being friends." She said.
"Yeah." I said but I was lying. I don't want to forget it happen and I want to be more than friends I thought.
"Great I'm we have to mix these two together." She said tapping the two test tubes. How can I pretend that I don't have feeling for Riley. Does she feel the same about me the way I feel for her or was the kiss really just a kiss.