- Chapter One -

* Imani in the MM *

This is it... last day of high school before we leave to go to college. Me and my best friend Audrey got accepted into UCLA where I'll be majoring in Nursing and Audrey in Arts and Architecture. Yep all smart bitches over here. We are currently at our graduation right now waiting for Mr. Saxs to finish up his speech and introduce Audrey on stage to give her Valedictorian speech I patiently wait zoning out of my teachers speech before I'm quickly snapped out of my thoughts by hearing clapping and cheering I join my classmates as I cheer on my best friend and wait to hear her speech.

" Today is a turning point in our lives we've spent our past few years wondering these halls of this school, we've become familiar with each other's faces and we've conquered some of our worst fears in high school. We have learned, laughed, gotten in to trouble but most of all matured together but today doesn't just concern reminiscing on the past but also looking into the future that awaits us. Life is a series of passageways and we are leaving one and getting ready to move on to the next. When we reach that daunting place next year that we've spent the last 3 years preparing for we will start over. We will meet new people and learn new things, make new trends, we will grow older and be more responsible and independent. So looking into the bright future I know there will old heartache and sadness but also joy and happiness as well as love and success and I know my classmates will to. So don't look back on the past and regret but look forward and smile. Thank you class of 2017"

I jumped up and cheered my best friend on as I wiped away some of my tears making sure not to mess up my makeup. To say I'm proud of where I am right now is an understatement, I hugged Audrey as she came back to her seat.

"You were so good Pooh I'm so happy and proud of you" I held her hand as we got ready to make our way on stage to stand as a class one final time. As we're walking I can't help but look out to the auditorium and see how happy my classmates are I look out to the audience and find my mom my brothers, cousins, nephews and some other family hollering and cheering. It was so great to be up here. Principal Hallstow makes his way to the mic and starts to congratulate us.

"Ladies and gentlemen the Graduates of McHugely High 2017" everyone erupted into cheers and claps as we all bow and celebrate on stage.

I make my way to my mom and see her crying her eyes out this women is a mess but I love her so much
"Aww my last baby graduating high school and ready for the big world" I cheese at my momma and give her a hug before my big head brothers come over
"Aye congrats sis proud of you" my brother Damien gives me a hug.
"Dad would be real proud of you sis, all grown up now huh" I laugh at my other brother Jerome

"Thanks guys appreciate y'all so much I love y'all bring it in" I hug my family one last time before I go and find Audrey, my mommas putting on a bbq back at our house and invited the whole block plus my class to come but Audrey needed to stop over her house real quick to pick up some stuff before we went so she was gonna ride with me since I brought my car.

I spotted her talking to some teachers before she saw me

"Thank god girl I was bout to lose my mind with all these teachers on me sis" I laughed at her silliness
"Whatever girl you know you like all the attention but anyways you ready to roll girl I'm tryna get something to eat on the way" I took my gown off and handed it to one of the teachers

"You are such a fat ass always eating huh " I playfully rolled my eyes as we made our way out of the auditorium and headed to my Jeep jumping in and made our way to Burger King.

——————————————————————————-
AN
THIS IS MY FIRST ACTUAL PUBLISHED BOOK SO PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF HOW THE BOOK TURNS OUT OR THE WAY ITS WRITTEN AS IM JUST GOING WITH THE FLOW

THANK YOU SMMM 💖