Chapter two

I miss Gideon. I haven't seen him since he traveled to Florida for christmas. I took my phone and called him but I could not get through. It is one o'clock in the morniong and I can't sleep. I am having my first ever audition in a few hours and I could feel a thousand butterflies in my stomach. I rolled around my bed a couple of times and layed face side-up starring at my ceiling. I noticed how the white paint turned sky blue under my faint bedroom light.

What if I mess up tommorow, will that be it? I thought to myself. What if I forget a line? I began feeling nausious. I got off bed and walked to the computer to check out youtube casting video's.

It has been fifteen minutes and my internet connection is still not going through. What if this is a sign that I am gonna fail my audition? I need to find a internet connection fast. I could feel myself slowly freaking out. I started looking for Gideons apartment key, the one he gave me last valentines day; I never use it so I can't even remember when last I saw it.

After searching everywhere I finally found it in one of my unpacked boxes. I grabbed my lilac coat from my closet and wore it on top of my sleepware.

It is freezing cold outside during this time of the night. You would expect to see less people roaming the streets but new york really is the city that never sleeps. I got on the bus which was half empty.

"Lady you can sit here" said a man who looked mexican.

He scooted right and gave me space to sit. "Oh thank you but I like sitting out back".

I walked to the far end of the bus and found a sit near the window. Gideon's house is not so far away. When the bus approached my stop I looked up from my phone and saw the mexican man staring at me. He looked away when I saw him. I quickly grabbed my purse and exited the bus.

I entered Gideons apartment which was a little warmer than the streets. I turned the on lights at his living room and headed toward his bedroom to find his computer.

I opened the door and turned on the lights then noticed a person's head sticking out of the blanket. I tiptoed around the bed and saw that it was Gideon.

"Bae? Gideon?" I whispered tapping him on the shoulder. He looked so peaceful, I never saw him sleep before. He slowly opened his eyes dark blue eyes... when he saw me he let out a loud yelp that scared me a little.

"Rola!! what are you doing here?"

"Gideon what are you doing here?"

"It is my apartment!!"

"I need to use your laptop, besides shouldn't you be in Florida?"

"Gideon?"

He continued to stare at me as if he had seen a ghost.

"Gideon for gods sake breathe it's me" I said laughing as I kissed his reddening cheek. "why are you here?"

"Umm, ahh, my... My laptop is in the... The living room. The password is your date of birth." he said ignoring my question. I noticed his panting.

"Bae? What is it? Are you okay?"

"Yeah just go to living room and do what you have to do" he said forcing a smile.

"Gideon your laptop is right there", I said pointing at the chest drawer at the opposite side of his bed. That is when I noticed a figure fully covered with gideons dark green blanket. I got up and stared at it. I could feel my heart racing. I looked at Gideon who avoided my eyes.

"Rolana... Rola... please stop" he said slowly.

I walked to the other side of his bed and stared at the figure some more. He got up... I could feel him walking towards me.

"Rola please" he said shaking.

I held the blanket and pulled but the person under it held it tightly. I slowly walked to the foot of the bed and pulled at the blanket again. Gideon held me back and tried to pull me away but I had a very firm grip on the blanket. All of a sudden I shut down, I could not hear anything he was saying or crying about. I held the blanket tighter and pulled so hard I could feel my nail break.

I bit Gideons arm and he let me go. I worked towards the woman who was completely naked and on top of my soon-to-be ex-boyfriends bed. I slowly came around to see her face. I looked at her tear stained eyes... eyes that I have seen for the past 10 years. It was her. It was... it was Chloe.