Race to the End

One of the most important persons I have ever met is not here with me today. When he was alive, he was my best friend and even though he is gone, his life was an inspiration to me at least. He has taught me one of the most valuable lessons I will ever learn in my life. The cruelty of the world and the meaning of what it means to die. 

---

There was a 6 year old boy who's family wasn't very fortunate. He lived far away from his school because of that he would always be late. And each time he was late he got punished.

His name, let's just say it's Jon. He was still beginning grade school, like me, when I met him. He has a brother, I'm calling him Taylor. Their family was not that fortunate so they had to share everything, I mean, EVERYTHING.

Then one day, Taylor had come home a little later than usual which made Jon leave a little later. "But Jon was already ready to go to school." You think, "Why can't he just leave?" Or maybe, "What does Taylor, have to do with all this?"

Well my answer is, his uniform. He has to wait until his older brother comes back from school. Then, when Taylor comes home, Jon would take his uniform to wear.

Disgusting? I know. But they had no other choice. Too make matters worse, school was pretty far from their house.

When Taylor finally arrived, Jon asked, "Taylor, why is the shirt a little wet?"

"I tried to run here so you wouldn't be too late." Taylor replied.

"Okay, bye Taylor." Jon said as he left for school. "Bye mom and dad!"

Jon already was late, but he ran to school anyways.

~~~~~~~~When he finally reached his school~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you late again?" The teacher said angrily. "And why is your uniform wet?" Tired and a bit breathless from the running, he told the reason why.

The teacher felt pity but she still had to give him a punishment since it's part of the school policy.

Then the rest of the class resumed. But then everything was different now because his classmates know he is poor.

~~~~~~the next day at class ~~~~~~~~~~~

When Jon entered the classroom, just on time, he heard a few snickers. He looked around the classroom and saw some people staring and looking like they were better than him because of his financial status.

But he tried to hide the feeling of fear that he could be bullied, now that they knew he was different.

And he was bullied. In all sorts ways like being shoved to the lockers, wall, and soon the sides of his body hurt, being tripped on purpose which makes most of his things fall down, but I'm just named two of what else that they do.

But there was this one girl who didn't like the fact that Jon was bullied just because of he was poor. My name for her was Trina. And she stood up for him when he got bullied and they became best friends since then.

~~~~~~~~ Later into the school year,~~~~~~~~~

Jon approached his teacher,

"Excuse me." Jon asked.

"Yes?" The teacher asked.