Agar Tum Saath Ho

*Highly recommended that you listen to Agar tumm saath ho from Tamasha while Reading the Fiction*

*Requested by Pari Di and so...*

Kolkata, the city of joy, the city of his childhood dreams, memories and friends. He belonged here, he always felt and yet there was something amiss in his life at present. What was it he couldn't place a finger on yet, but there was something...
WOD2015 was a dream come true not just to him and his friends but to the entire team, hopefully the entire nation. He'd successfully mentored his team to success and was proud of it. No harm in admitting it to himself internally no? He has it all, good looks, a charming personality, loved by millions, a mentor like Palki ma'am who alays believed in him since she found him for D3. And yet...
Maybe he missed the sets, of D3 and of Bindass Naach. He missed his friends who'd become more like family back in Mumbai. He missed all the jokes flying around on the sets of D3. Teasing Sam, Vrushika; the boys trying to pull off pranks on the girls and crew. He missed doing scenes with Vrushika, her cheerfulness in spite of her illness. He missed being inspired by many on the set, especially her since they had to be together half the time. She inspired him, she was naïve, she was a little child who was excited about everything that happened, she was dedicated to whatever she did. She was adored by all on the set. Maybe he needed that back, the bubbliness of Vrushika. He missed working with her, talking to her and everything about her. He got into his car, thinking of all those days, becoming nostalgic by the minute, yearning for those 3 years. He needed to do something and get this feeling out. He needed to dance. Stopping by at his old dance institute, he asked for an empty rehearsal hall, connecting his iPod to the speakers, he aited for the music to begin.

Pal bhar thahar jaao
Dil ye sambhal jaaye
Kaise tumhe roka karun
Meri taraf aata har gham phisal jaaye
Aankhon mein tum ko bharun
Bin bole baatein tumse karun
'gar tum saath ho..
Agar tum saath ho

stop for a moment,
let this heart get stable
how should I stop you..
every sorrow coming towards me
would slip away..
I'll fill you in my eyes
I'll talk to you without speaking,
if you are with me
if you are with me..

Why? Why did the song bring her back? He needs to stop her thoughts, block out a lot of thoughts related to D3. Block out the sorrow that came along with it, let it slip away as he moved to the tune. And yet, when he shut his eyes, trying to take in the soul of the music, he saw only her, he saw them, their scenes, their dances, routines and his team D3. When they danced, their dance spoke for them, it was like the Chinese red thread of fate, it connected the both of them, except here, the thread was dance. They needed no words if they danced, course a lot of hardwork went alongwith the routine set up, but when they danced finally, they could astound the crowd into silence. All eyes on them, when they performed together.

Behti rehti..
Nahar nadiya si teri duniya mein
Meri duniya hai teri chaahaton mein
Main dhal jaati hoon ter
i aadaton mein
'gar tum saath ho

in your world, canals and rivers seem to be flowing
my world is in your love
I mould according to your habits
if you are with me..

One memory after another. He'd changed post her entry into entry. He'd become more outspoken. Together they were childishly sensible. When Aqsa visited, bringing along new games for them and a whole lot of presents from fans, her excitement when she got a box of chocolates. He missed it all. He'd grown up a little now, become more responsible, but when she was around, that state of guard would come down. He became a little like her.

Teri nazron mein hai tere sapne
Tere sapno mein hai naraazi
Mujhe lagta hai ke baatein dil ki
Hoti lafzon ki dhokebaazi
Tum saath ho ya na ho kya fark hai
Bedard thi zindagi bedard hai
Agar tum saath ho
Agar tum saath ho

your dreams are there in your eyes,
and because of your dreams there is anger (in you)..
I feel the talks of heart
are all deception..
whether you are there with me or not,
what is the difference,
the life was merciless, and is merciless.

Her reaction when she she'd visited them on the Bindass Naach sets. She getting upset and frustrated with herself for not being able to work with them. Train and dance more, like she wanted. But she did have health issues, she could not possibly undergo all the rigorous training they'd gone through. The conversation on the terrace, where he'd sat down next to her and calmed her down. It felt like old times, when she would fall ill ad still insist on shooting and rehearsing for D3. There definitely was a difference in the ambience on the D3 sets and Bindass Naach sets. But then, not all dreams come true, life was merciless that way.

Palkein jhapakte hi din ye nikal jaaye
Bethi bethi bhaagi phirun
Meri taraf aata har gham phisal jaaye
Aankhon mein tum ko bharun
Bin bole baatein tumse karun
'gar tum saath ho
Agar tum saath ho

as soon as the I blink,
the day comes out.
I keep running around while sitting only..
every sorrow coming towards me
would slip away..
I'll fill you in my eyes
I'll talk to you without speaking,
if you are with me
if you are with me..

She was in no different state either. She was feeling extremely nostalgic today. She missed it all. She missed D3. She missed Palki maam, she missed working with everyone, taking endless selfies with Sam, Bharath and Amar. She missed dancing more than anything else, its been months since that last dance. She wanted more of it. Dance was her personalized brand of drug. She needed it. Acing she loved, but it was like running around because you can't just sit and mope all day about dance. Her last dance was with him. She missed him more today. She needed his comforting words, encouraging her, motivating her to do better. His stance for what he believed was right, his effortless moves, while he taught her along with Maccy and Nimit. His laugh whenever she did something blonde. And yet she could speak without words to him, when they danced. Her moves potrayed her frame of mind. Irritation that she had to dance with him at 12 in the night on man basiyo, Sad that it was all getting over when they danced o pehla nasha, nostalgia when they'd done the impromptu dance on Bindass Naach; it all showed. He could read her and understand her when noone else could, after Palki maam had left. But all of it was there only if he was around.

Teri nazron mein hai tere sapne
Tere sapno mein hai naraazi
Mujhe lagta hai ke baatein dil ki
Hoti lafzon ki dhokebaazi
Tum saath ho ya na ho kya fark hai
Bedard thi zindagi bedard hai

your dreams are there in your eyes,
and because of your dreams there is anger (in you)..
I feel the talks of heart
are all deception..
whether you are there with me or not,
what is the difference,
the life was merciless, and is merciless.

The day he'd gotten the offer from Palki maam, to lead and mentor a team, his eyes shone with dreams. He was happy his dreams seemed to be turning into reality. He'd called her, Sam and Maccy over to break the news and start working on the new project. She could not be a part of it initially and he was a tad disappointed, she could see it in his eyes, as he worked with a little fury for sometime, till he calmed down eventually and understood her plight. He wanted her to be a part o it and she did too. She would've too if her health had allowed. Strange how her story moved in parallel with Sharon's story. Life was merciless when it came to her and her dreams. And it frustrated her.
Agar tum saath ho
Dil ye sambhal jaaye
(Agar tum saath ho)
Har gham phisal jaaye
(Agar tum saath ho)
Din ye nikal jaaye
(Agar tum saath ho)
Har gham phisal jaaye

If only he was with there her now, to comfort her, to calm her down. If only he could see her now, moving to the same tune as him, thinking of the same things he thought of. If only he could read her emotions now and calm her frustrated heart, just like every other time. If only he was there, every fear and worry would disappear as he either danced with her or talked to her comfortingly. If only they could sense the calm and comfort that each other provided. If only they could dance together once again. They were good friends, ready to help one another, if ever one of them needed it. But what if all that they needed right now was each other?

~The End~