She's Deranged Chapter 1

Chapter 1

My name is Jae. And this is about the story of my life...

I was making my way to work and it was half past seven. I know I should hurry since I can't be late again or I'll be reprimanded.

I was already late the day before because of the heavy traffic and it was a good thing that my boss just let me off with it.

That is why, at that moment, I doubled my steps. I needed to make up for my tardiness and show my boss that it's going to happen only once.

I walked faster and faster and faster. I was eager to arrive at least fifteen minutes before my scheduled time.

Suddenly, I heard the sound of thunder. I am afraid of thunder so I involuntarily screamed and bended into a curl.

It is only when people around me started to give me weird gaze that I realized what I did. So, I tried to compose myself.

I stood up again and gathered some fresh air. The smell of the air before it starts to rain is somehow intoxicating.

I was hit by the reality that it's going to rain. And so, I walked faster. I was half running at that moment since I don't want to be caught up with the rain.

And within a few seconds, the rain started pouring. Oh darn! I told myself. I have to get an umbrella so I can proceed to work.

I opened my bag to check if I brought the umbrella, but worse came to worst and I didn't have my umbrella on my bag.

I can't afford to be late again. At that very time, I made a decision; it's better to get wet a little because of the rain than be late at work.

I convinced myself that it's not going to be that bad to get wet a little. Besides, I used to soak in the rain when I was a little and I never got sick.

I reach my hand out first to estimate how hard the rain is, and when I felt that it's not too bad, I put my bag up my head and run as fast as I could.

Good thing I was still wearing my favorite black slippers instead of my stilettos. I told myself that I might have to run to get early that morning, that's why I wore slippers. My shoes were on my bag.

I continued running until I reached the building of my office. I am working as an 'assistant' at the Universal Records.

It is a recording company but my work does not have anything to do with music. I am just a plane errand girl that they ask around.

I am actually an under graduate of BAEd in Music Education. I took up that course because I want to be a music teacher.

But the bad reality is, I won't be able to live if I become a teacher. A teacher's salary is too low and that will be very difficult since I am only renting a house.

I tried to consider teaching in Music schools but I cannot pass the exam to be a teacher there. I was never good enough.

My current job still pays way higher than the salary of a regular music teacher, but the consequence for having a better salary is the fact that I am not doing what I want.

Maybe if I could save money then I can just teach music someday. But right now, this job is what I need.

I arrived at work at about seven thirty nine in the morning. I was early for work but it's fine, it's better than being late.