dear ethan...

"Ethan, you know why you've always been my one and only friend since I was this little cucumber pooping out of my moms tummy? I always had you and no other. I've always been different. I don't know how to describe an easy-seeming difficult word like "different" but you always were the only person who could understand me, who always knew what meaningless phrases I was thinking about and who was always there for me. I know this sounds like some best friends quote, those ratchet girls write on their bitches Facebook timeline but the difference is, what I said was true and I was being 100% honest and I've always been 100% honest with you. I actually just wanted to let you know that I always felt safe around you. I don't even know why I'm telling you this right now but I feel like I never did. But maybe it's also just because I'm drunk as fuck. I swear I'm gonna throw up any second. What a lit party."

Ethan was giggling like a little girl, smiling at me from ear to ear. What a cutie.

"You're so sweet Shawnie" , pulling the 'ie' as long as his air gave him a chance to.

"I luva you!!" , doing the same with the "you".

"I luva you too, Eth." , I definitely wasn't as drunk as him but he was handling the drunkness properly, from time to time stepping over his own feet, nearly falling over but always catching himself up.

It got quiet around us and even if no one said a word, I knew that we knew about each others thoughts. It was silent, no one on the streets. Oh how I loved the time between 1am till 4am.

I was interrupted by a loud, deep sound. Suddenly I heard an annoying, high sound in my head which prevented me from hearing anything. What now happened seemed like slow motion to me. I looked my to right where I used to see Ethan before but all I saw was Ethan getting on his knees and falling to the ground, blood running out of his body. I don't know where it came from but it was much blood. I looked in front of me, still only hearing that weird sound in my head. Tinnitus. I saw 3 guys standing a few metres away from me, one of them holding a gun in his hands, straight up my face. He pulled the trigger and shot. In the moment I heard the deep sound that I heard as Ethan sank to the ground I felt unbearable pain in my chest. All I knew was waking up in a white room, weird machines peeping next to the bed I was laying in, my family standing on the other side of the bed crying. I heard my mom gasping for air "oh my god, Shawn it's been 8 months..." , she left the room.

"Damn can I have a piece of cheesecake?"

Last thing I saw after my question was my sister Aaliyah laughing through her tears
"I guess he's alright" and it all went black again.

_

A/N: so wonderful peeps this is gonna be my first Shawn Mendes story. Also I'm gonna write it in English because in English everything sounds better. If there are any faults , just tell me because my mother language is actually German.
This story is gonna be a little crossover with 5 Seconds of Summer because I'm writing this story for my 3 best friends and two of them have faves (Michael Clifford & Calum Hood) from 5sos.
Anyway, I hope you like it and keep reading. Luva you!!