Chapter One

"You'll never amount to anything. Your a useless child, at least your brother has made something out of his life. Yet here you stay because your a freak. I wish you died instead of my wife when she gave birth to you. Pack your shit, you are to be out of the house when I come home." The man who I had called my father for 18 years of my life, now had done the the unthinkable. I am homeless and have no one to turn to. I never had friends and the rest of my family lived across the country. So I am all alone, and no one to rescue me from this horrible fate.

I nodded my head and ran to my room to get packed before he came back form his trip to the bar to pick up a new woman to screw with. Down stairs the door slammed shut, signaling that he had left the house. I flung open my bedroom door and stuffed what little I had into a backpack. I threw a trench coat over my attire. I swung the bag onto my back and reached for the only picture I had of my mother. I slipped it into my pocket and dashed out of my room and out the front door. I ran into the woods, it was the only place that I knew I'd be safe. A couple miles north of me was an old abandoned cabin, that was built as a hunting shack. I had found it one winter when I ran from home.

Flashback:

My dad cornered me and raised his hand to bring it down across my face. I felt the pain and cried out. Clutching my hand against my cheek. It felt like tiny needles and pins were being poked over and over into my face. He staggered back to grab something, while he was doing that I ducked under his arm and ran out of the house. I ran for hours until I came to a creek. I followed the stream towards my house. I followed it to an old cabin that was in pretty good shape. I ran to the door and busted in to the small cabin. I quickly shut the door and fell to the ground.

"What did I ever do wrong, I was the one who did everything. Why was I being punished for having to take care of a drunk. I think those with greater powers are taking their anger out on me, because my mother had died giving birth to me." I cried out. I could feel my tears slowly tuning into ice. It was really cold in the cabin and I never noticed I was shaking till I looked down at my body. I needed to get warm, and fast. I picked myself up off the floor and headed towards a room. Inside the room we a ton of animal pelts. I cringed but it was my only chance to get warm. I pulled the biggest ones off and brought them to the wood stove. I grabbed some wood and chucked them and in along with newspaper. I searched the cabin for a source of fire. I rummaged through a couple drawers and found a lighter and fluid.

I made my way back to the wood stove and sprayed some fluid onto the wood and took a piece of paper and lit it. I threw it into the stove and within seconds I had a nice fire. I could feel my hands start to unthaw. I laid down a pelt to lay on and covered myself with another. I could feel my eyelids begin to drop. The next thing I knew I was out like a light.

End Flashback:

There was more stuff in the cabin since the first time I stayed there. I had brought blankets and pillows from my house. Including mitts, hats, scarfs, socks, boots, an axe,a lot of old paper and more. I had the perfect hideout and it was all for me. I walked up to the door and opened it. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I kicked off my shoes and placed my jacket on a coat hanger. I was home, this was the only place that I felt safe. I walked over to the wood stove and began to make a fire. Within minutes I had a roaring fire that filled the air with a beautiful scent. I was safe and to me that's all that matter. My eyes began to grow heavy, like lead in water. Soon enough darkness took over and I was fast asleep.

"Eleanor my child, you will seek me when the time comes,

When the moon has come and gone,

Where death is a mere image of ones dream,

Where a man in class shall step forth,

And finally where you belong,

Is where you shall find the person you long."

I woke up from my dream with my heart pounding against my rib cage. There was a slight ringing in my ears, as if I were underwater for to long. I glanced at what used to be a fire, that was now a pile of red coals. From the outside I could hear the sound of birds chirping. The beautiful sound made me smile.