Will you...?

Connie had had a pretty rough day at work today, Grace was on her mind 24/7, although Jacob was with Grace all day she still worried,and it was all going to be made even better. 

"27 year old male, found unconscious at the park, extremely drunk, GCS 6 and resps of 11." "Right thank you Iain." Connie sighed. "Let's get him on the bed". "Why do people think it's okay to take the NHS for granted, it's here for people that really needs our help, not for people who come here for a good nights sleep." Lily asked. "My thoughts exactly Lily, but you never know what might happen out there, we can't have people taking any risks. Right Robyn, can you get me a drip so that we can hydrate him please, and Lily can you take some bloods please just so we can rule out alcohol poisoning?" "Yes Mrs Beauchamp.". Minutes after treating the drunk male, he began to come round. "Hello, can you tell me your name please?" Connie asked, "Robert, Robert Yeal." "Okay Robert, my name is Mrs Beauchamp an...", "You have to be kidding me. There's a bowl right infront of you, for you to be sick in, are you that incompetent!" She shouted. "Ooh, fiesty one you are." the male giggled. "You know what, you're wasting my time. Dylan could you take over please?" She said, and then stormed out.

Connie made her way to her office, opened the door and threw herself onto her couch. 

Jacob, could you bring me some spare clothes to my office please? Some incompetent drunk bloke has just been sick all over me. Thank you x

Of course I can Con, you must be smelling lovely. Do you want to go out to a fancy restaurant for tea tonight? x

Thanks. What's the surprise. You know I'm not keen on surpises, and what about Grace? x

You'll have to wait and see won't you, and she's going to Joe's for his birthday. I'm now leaving. See you in 10 x

"Hey sweetcheeks, here are your clothes." Jacob said and then handed her the bag. "Thank you" she replied. She stripped off and went to put her clean clothes on. "Jacob, why have you put this in here?". He didn't reply. "Just put it on sweetcheeks" he instructed. it took her a couple of minutes to get changed. "Wow Connie, you look absolutely stunning. I'm so proud to show you off." Jacob said as he moved over to her and kissed her on the forehead. She was wearing  red figure-hugging dress, and it complimented her curves. It showed a little bit of cleavage. She looked so classy, and Jacob just couldn't control himself. She sent him over the edge. 

"Jacob, what's all this in aid off?" she asked him. "Wouldn't you like to know." "Jacob, I can't wear this to work, it's too posh!" she explained. "Well it's a good job you're not going back to work then isn't it? You're shift ended half an hour ago, you need to relax and stop pushing yourself to the absolute limit. You will make yourself ill!"Jacob said with a sense of concern. "I told you, I have a surprise for you, follow me." He demanded. He grabbed Connie's hand and pulled her out of her office. "I love you so much Jacob. You're the only person who has made me feel worthwhile, thank you for that." Connie said as tears started to roll down her cheek. "I love you too Connie.. hey, hey, stop crying. You'll ruin your make-up." He said back with a giggle. "We need to hurry. Our table is booked for  7.00, it's now 6.55. I bet they're all wondering where we are." "Wait a second, who is they?" she asked. "You'll find out when we get there." He said and then placed his hands into hers, and they ran through the reception of the ED. "Wait Jacob, my shoe has fallen off!!" She shouted. "Right, that's it. Stay here.." Jacob ran back and collected Connie's shoe, before saying goodbye to the reception team, he gave her one of her infamous Louboutins, picked her up and gave her a fireman carry out of the ED to his car. 

They reached the car, and Jacob opened the door to allow Connie to step in. Seconds later and Jacob had climbed into the car too. Connie moved her hand and placed it on his thigh and started moving her thumb up and down. "Jacob, can I ask you something?" she asked. "Of course you can sweetcheeks, what is it?" he replied. "How would you feel about starting a family? I know Grace is pregnant and hormones are going to be raging everywhere. But, I'd really like to start trying for a baby." She explained. The car was quiet. "I'm so glad you said something, I was thinking the same but I wasn't sure when to bring it up. I know you've been stressed since finding out about Grace, so I didn't really want to mention it. I'd love to start a family with you Connie. I'd be stupid if I didn't." He replied. Moments later and they had arrived at their destination. Jacob got out of the car first, then went round the front to open the car door for Connie. "Are you ready?" "Ready for what?" she replied with a concerned look. "This". He took her hand and inter-twinned his fingers with hers, leading her to the door of the fancy restaurant. "Ladies first" he said gently as he placed his right hand on her lower back and followed her. 

"Hello and welcome to The Pot, what can I do for you?" the waiter asked. "I have a table for 9 booked under the name Masters." Jacob replied. "Yes, if you would like to follow me." "A table for 9? Why?" Connie whispered in Jacob's ear. "You'll see."

They walked around the corner of the restaurant to find Rita, Iain, Charlie, Ethan, Lily, Zoe and Dylan sitting there. The team glanced around and saw Connie and were gob-smacked. "Surprise sweetcheeks" Jacob said as he moved his hand to her waist and escorted her to the table. "Happy Birthday Connie!" the team shouted. Connie and Jacob took their place at the table. "You did this for me?" she asked, "It looks that way" Jacob said as he kissed her cheek.

Hours had passed and the evening was coming to and end, Jacob stood up and began talking. "Jacob what are you doing?" Connie asked, but was ignored. "Now most of you know that today was Connie's birthday, and I would like to thank you all for coming.. I wanted to make this birthday very special, so here goes..." Connie started to become a little anxious, although she now knew what he was up too. "Connie, when I first met you at the ED, I didn't quite realise just how much you would mean to me. You took my breathe away, so beautiful, so powerful and so dominant. In more ways than one.." The rest of the team laughed, and Jacob turned to Connie and gave her a wink, which sent her even redder than before. "Ever since our encounter about where one another were from, I knew we were meant to be. You proved that theory right, when you saved my life later that day. Before I met you, I was just a normal man, with no intention of become a Staff Nurse, or being as loved up as I am, but also, you have made me realise what I want in life. I want you, I want a family with you. Your passion and determination. You're naughty side." Jacob looked down from upon Connie, and noticed tears were rolling down her cheeks. "And those are just a few reasons as to why I want to spend the rest of my life with you." Jacob moved from the table, he got down on one knee and opened the little black box, which allowed a shimmering diamond ring to shine. "Constance Beauchamp, will you marry me?" "Of course I will Jacob!" she shouted. And with that an applaud from the rest of the team echoed the restaurant. "I love you so much" Jacob whispered in her ear. "I love you so much too." She replied in his ear, with tears streaming down her face. The couple kissed passionately before accepting congratulations from the others.

The night moved on, and the team were all outside the restaurant saying their goodbyes. "Now, just because you two are engaged, it doesn't mean you can get into one another's pants at every chance you get at work." Zoe said with a laugh. "Oh don't worry about that Zoe, we do that already." Connie replied. "Yeah, I'm surprised you haven't heard her, she's got a good pair of lungs on her." Jacob joked, then received another passionate kiss from Connie.