Can't hold

Amadeus was feeling a bit down and he had a mission given to him.

"Should I inform my team now sir?" Amadeus asked the general "No, Garcia... Williams, Johnston and Tong are occupied with their own missions." The general informed "Then who am I to work with?" Amadeus asked "I will assign Cook and Lane to your mission." The general said with ease, Amadeus didn't felt quite settled with July on a mission "Sir, with all do respect I think Cook isn't a suitable-" Amadeus was cut off by the general as he rose his hand "I don't want to hear it soldier! I don't care about your petty feelings, Cook is your team and that's final!" The general yelled getting Amadeus's full attention "Understood sir." He said a bit disappointed "Dismissed."

Walking out of the general's office he went off and pack everything he needed for the mission.

July was quite shock she was qualified for the mission she usually goes on undercover missions, nothing big. July walked nervously with a bag full of the required things she needs for the mission and then bump into someone, "July?" a familiar voice said as July's heart skip a beat "I guess your ready for the mission." Amadeus said, sounding unamused. "Yeah... I guess, but can you-" she started hoping Amadeus would help her pack for the mission considering she rarely went out on the field "Ask Cy- I mean Williams, she'll help you." Amadeus said sounding a bit cold, July's face fell slightly as she tried to cover it "Oh- Oh! yeah it's fine, you must be busy and all that." she quickly said but soon realised that Amadeus was already gone. 

She sighed in defeat and turned back to her backpack unsure of what to pack. 

"Isn't that a bit harsh even for you Amadeus- especially for you!" a familiar voice said behind the uneasy boy "She has no experience, Williams and you know that!" Amadeus defended himself "Cut the bullshit with the formalities Deus!" Cynthia snapped towards the boy who refuses to face her as she walked in front of him "You are the most caring and kind person, I ever met. Meaning you are overprotective at times. I know you care about-" Cynthia started but was cut off "Your the one to talk." he said chuckling at the end. 

Cynthia gave him a confused look as he continued "My love life has nothing to do with you. Worry about your own, you don't even bother to act professional around J-" Amadeus stopped himself as he realised where he was going with this, he looked up worry clear in his eyes as he looked back towards shattered eyes. "Cyn-" he started stretching his arm out to apologise but Cynthia retracted "I- I have to go help July... with her- with packing." Cynthia quickly collected herself and walked off. 

"That's a bit cold isn't it?" Johnston's voice asked a few feet away "She's like your baby sister and you just-" "Blew up? I know." Amadeus turned towards Johnston learning his lesson after his short conversation with Cynthia "What are you doing? Stalking your little girlfriend?" Amadeus teased "Why does everyone keep saying that?!? I'm not her girl- boyfriend!" he quickly corrected himself "You were about to say girlfriend, weren't you?" Amadeus teased again, he would do this all day if it keeps Bradford off the topic of him. 

"Stop changing the subject, Garcia." Liang backed up as he gave Amadeus a curious look "Come on guys... don't you two have some sort of mission you guys have to go to." Amadeus retreated and started to walk. 

"Knock knock. Can I come in?" Cynthia asked as she leaned against the door frame of July's room, "Perfect timing as always." July said tiredly laughing at the end "What's wrong?" Cynthia acted knowing full well what's wrong with her best friend, " 'he' isn't quite happy I'm going on this mission." she said disappointed "He's just a big ball of worry, isn't he?" July asked trying to see a bright side to why he was so upset she was going on this mission. "You know how he can be. He thinks that the whole world is on his shoulders, ironically... it's coming from me. I have to worry about all of you, but he... he's another topic." Cynthia said unsure what to say to her best friend.