Chapter 1

The first day of school. Always horrible. Does anyone ever really tell good stories about their first day? I certainly haven't heard any! I can't wait to see what kind of stories I'll have when I get home tonight.

"Becca!" I pull myself out from under my protective covers as I hear my mom yelling at me to get up.

"Rebecca! Wake up!" She yells once again

"I'm up, I'm up!" I yell back as I pad out into the hall and towards the bathroom.

"I made you breakfast whenever you're ready!" She yells as I walk into the bathroom and turn on the shower.

I step in as the water gets warmer and start to wash everything quickly. To say I am unhappy about school starting up again is a understatement.

Yeah I know what you'll say; everybody hates school, just deal with it. But I'm not quite ready to let go of the amazing summer I had before.

Being back home in my shower that gets warm instead of the camp showers that stay cold for hours. Sleeping in my bed without the orchestra of bugs singing me to sleep. I'm just not ready to let go of the fact that I had the best summer ever.

I get out of the shower, wrap a towel around my body, and walk back to my bedroom.

I search for something to wear. What should I wear first day back? It's not like I'm over joyed to be back, so I settle on a plain white T-shirt and jeans. I walk back into the bathroom and put my hair into a bun just like I used to at camp. Camp. I have to stop thinking about it. It makes me miss it more and more.

I put on light make up and sigh at my reflection in the mirror. I was never one who wore much make up. Usually it's never any but sometimes I like to touch myself up a bit. I never want to look like a skank. I try to avoid that as much as possible.

My stomach starts to rumble and is an excuse to take my mother up on that offer of breakfast. I walk downstairs and my mother smiles at me before handing me a plate of food.

"You look lovely today, dear" my mom says.

"Thanks" I smile at her as I stuff my mouth with food.

"If you want to, you can borrow my car to take to school. I don't want you to have to take the bus the first day"

"How are you gonna get to work?" I ask her.

"I'll have Chet come pick me up" she says smiling.

Chet is my moms boyfriend. I don't like him but people usually don't like their moms boyfriends right? Oh well, she likes him.

"Thanks, mom!" I put my plate on the counter and hug her before taking her keys.

I passed my drivers test about 6 months ago but never could really afford a car. I'm about the only person that's going to be a junior this year that doesn't have one yet. Neat.

"I love you!" I say as I grab my school bag and rush out the door to my moms mini van. Hey it's better then the bus!

I hope in and start it before blasting the radio to some new Katy Perry song and driving my way to school.