Chapter 1 •

I walk into school with a blank look on my face. Walking down the hallway people stared and whispered things about me that I really didn't care about.

I was confidant about blocking my emotions. Especially this year, because it's my last year. Senior year. I can't say I'm happy because i'll just be working at a corner shop as soon as I graduate. But it's not like I have money for college. So it's whatever.

I had average grades but they were good on my best days. Had no one who would be proud of it anyway so why try.

Honestly each day passes by so quickly. I miss my mom and dad so much.

I walk into my 1st period and take my seat in the back laying my head down on the cold hard desk.

The teacher begins to speak a few minutes later after the bell has rung but I tune him out and just lay there. I'm not missing anything anyway he's probably reviewing what we did last week. Mr. Moneck had a tendency to review whatever we did even if it was 5 minutes ago. He's a cool teacher though.

It was Monday so the day dragged on. Everything was happening slowly and I just wanted to go back to my crappy apartment and sleep. I hated living in Montana because it seemed like we were the only state that had high schoolers have 9 classes a day. It sucked because school started at 8am and ended at 5pm. What kind of crap is that? But the great thing about that is we don't attend school on Fridays. So just 4 days of torture.

I got use to the routine. Doesn't mean it doesn't bug me or tick me off once in a while. It's been 3 years, this year being my 4th and I've made not one friend. Neither has anyone tried to speak with me. No one really cared for the the awkward loner kid who doesn't talk. New people will come but will get stuck in other people's rumors about me and just avoid me.

I wasn't this quiet back in middle school but no one seemed to care why I stopped talking. They just think "oh, he lives alone he's always been alone". I haven't always been alone. This people know nothing. And I would never tell anyone anything about myself or my parents. It's almost time for me to graduate and just keep to myself.

The bell rings signaling that lunch is over. I quickly grab my backpack and make my way to 6th hour. I walk in and make my way to the back as usual.

"Hey I was wondering if I could maybe sit here?"

I look up to see a girl with bright green eyes and long brown hair. She's wearing a light peach dress that snuggles against her middle but falls at the bottom. It looks like a 1950's dress. Kinda what Lucy from 'I Love Lucy' would have worn. Weird, but interesting. It looks good on her. She looks new, I don't think i've ever seen her before. After a moment of staring at her I put my head back down.

"I guess that's a yes then?" She says

I don't answer because she sits anyway.

"Hi my names Hipe, weird I know but it was my parents not me. I was wondering if you could maybe show me around?"

I keep my head down and ignore her.

Maybe she'll think I'm sleeping after awhile and leave me alone.

"Helloooooooo" she taps on my shoulder.

I ignore her and after a while she stops. I actually fall asleep for a little until I hear the bell to go to 7th period. Man that was fast.

After a couple of classes it's time to go home. I get on the bus that takes me exactly to my apartment complex.

After about five minutes I get off and walk up 3 flights of stairs and into my apartment building 7, 303.

I kick off my shoes and walk into the kitchen to crab a bag of chips. After I grab a pack of Doritos I lay on my bed and turn on my old half broken tv. I can only afford this crappy place because my parents left me about 500,000 dollars. But that's not enough when I've been with out them since I was 12/13. I have to buy new clothes, food, & other house supplies. While still having to pay the bills which isn't all that bad. 150 a month. I was running out. That's why I need to get that job at the corner shop after I graduated.

The owner already said he'd hire me so I was set.

"Just finish school and come work with me. I'll give you enough money to pay the bills for your apartment" that's what the owner at the corner shop said.

And that's what I'm going to do. Finish school and go work for him.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Not long at all. Sorry but in the future I will have longer chapters. Love you all.

Where the wild things are ~