Epilogue

(Kalista's POV)

My bed. It had been just a few hours since I had finally been able to come home and just lying in my own bed again felt great. The smell reminded me of everything that I forgot about.

The hardest part about coming home was explaining to Demonte what had happened. Should I have lied? Bent the truth a little? No, but I did anyway.

"We just had to do a lot of extra training. So, we spent the night there. They have some comfy bunk beds." I lie. "They're really high up so I kind of hurt my ankle a little bit during that."

"Oh. Well, I guess that's fine. Extra training is always good." Demonte replies, noticing my tired eyes. "You should head to bed. You must be wiped out."

I smile to say 'Yes.' I mean, it's not every day that you're being captured, brainwashed, and kissing up to a traitor...

I pulled the sheets on my bed up to my chin, enclosing myself in its warmth. Because I was so tired, I didn't even bother taking off my training clothes and putting on pajamas. Or maybe I was so tired that I didn't remember.

So, here I lay in bed. The night after the battle and yet, that was all I could think about. That, and how I was going to adapt to my new life. First off, Julius was now never allowed back in the facility. He's our declared enemy- at least to me- and is the traitor to our facility.

How were we supposed to explain his disappearance to other people? I'm not sure. For now, that's his problem.

Second of all, Ash and I had some sort of relationship now. Really, ever since my relationship with Kade, we had started breaking rules. Troy found out anyway and didn't care as much but that was in desperate times. Maybe he would go back to the old rules and then Ash and I would be in trouble.

Thirdly, these powers were...something else. I didn't even know how to use them. I didn't know anything about how I got them or why I had them. No one would've seen it coming that this would happen. There is no ending to it now.

Troy would lock my sword away in the facility while I was gone at home so that I wasn't tempted to use it again. It did change me a little bit when I had used it and it was way to risky to use it again. And yes, I agreed to it.

Change is something that will happen and it can suck sometimes. You have to live with it and somehow connect with it. Sadly, mine is just a major change that I now have to live with.

Every time my eyes closed as I lie in bed, I fell asleep. I needed rest but I was afraid to dream. To dream about the ice, or of the battle, or of me kissing-

No. I haven't told anyone that. I regretted it everyday, regretted that little kiss between Julius. It was fake but he thought it was real. It was definitely not re-

A swish sound flows through my bedroom and I jolt up in bed, fully awake all of a sudden. I slide my hand into my side table drawer next to my bed and feel for the hilt of my dagger. I placed it there for protection, just in case someone came back for me from the battle.

There were only five windows in my house. One in my room, one in Demonte's room, and the other three were scattered on the living room walls. My window wasn't the biggest window with the greatest of views but it was something. It was rare to have windows in your house. I wasn't sure why.

"Kalista." A voice whispers, swirling and echoing my name through my room. It was too hard to tell which gender it was but it sounded more masculine.

No. It's all in your head. You're imagining things. "Come here." The voice says again, then a tapping falls upon my window. My window was straight in front of me, right across from my bed. Perfect! Just perfect...