Foreward

I do not own the Phantom of the Opera. that little bit of complete genius goes to Gaston Leroux and his affiliates.

The storyline, however, is very much mine. So Don't Use It. And it will also be on my DeviantArt account, so if I don't update here for a while, you might want to check there.

Le Fantomme de l'opera. Fantomen pa operan. Das Phantom der Oper. The Phantom of the opera. Throughout the world, in hundreds of different languages, Erik's story is known. It is kept alive. Immortalized by the fiction writer Gaston Leroux who thought he'd take a crack at the truth. People didn't realize that the story he was telling wasn't something created out of a crazy dream he had after eating a bowl of cold spaghetti. And, to avoid being called a madman by his readers by calling a story so blatantly fictitious true, he slapped it under the label of 'fiction' and had it done with. The world believed that it was fiction, and eventually, he came to believe it himself.

Gradually fact became a bedtime story, that bedtime story turned into a legend, and that legend became myth. And that myth sits on bookshelves in different languages all over the world. 

One thing that keeps people interested is the happy ending. Or lack thereof. The mad murderer giving up all he loved for the sake of the happiness of her. He let her go and waited for death. He didn't get his happy ending.

But that doesn't mean that he stopped trying.