Sunny Was Nine

Yeah, nine good years passed since Sunny was born. And they were the only years she could look back on, and think "They were good years".

When Sunny turned nine, she started to understand life more. She started to feel hurt whenever her mother slapped her for having a bad grade ( although her lowest grade was a B+, but for her mother it was a bad as an F), or when she hit her for no good reason, or when her dad yelled at her. She started to have celebrity idols, like Hanna Montana or Even Sonny With A Chance, where the main character had the same name as her. She started to choose her own clothes, she made new friends, she started to discover her talents and hobbies, and she was one of the smartest girls at her school. She started to feel love and odd innocent feelings towards boys, but those feelings weren't going to last too long, as for her innocence was soon going to he ripped out of her soul. But it wasn't because her mom abused her, or her dad yelling at her, or her heart getting broken. It was far more worse than that.

***

It was Sunny's job to get the grocery, whenever her mother ran out of food supplies. And Sunny had no problem at all, it was a simple task for her to do, nothing too hard. Sunny would go down the stairs to the bottom of the building, crosses the street carefully, then she would turn right walk a few meters till she reaches the nearest grocery store to their house.

The store was small and It didn't have a lot of stuff on sale. It just had the necessary: Bread, some yogurt brands, vegetables, and some chocolate and snack brands that looked a little old. The grocery was also a little bit hidden; The display glass wasn't clear and there was no sign of the grocery being there. The owner of that grocery store was old, about 70 years old to be more precised.
Each time Sunny would pay him the necessary, he would stand up and give her a big, sadly painful hug. The man was HUGE, and creepy. He would hug her with all his weight nearly crashing her fragile bones. Sunny didn't like what that man did to her, and always tried to let go of him. But her tiny little body, was never strong enough for his crushing bear hug.

***

"Sunny, go the grocery store and get me some yogurt. Come on hurry up!" her mother asked her.
It was just a day like any other day. But Sunny didn't know that the creepy store owner was up for no good!

Sunny was wearing her favorite skirt, and pink cute T-shirt. She held her hair up into a pony tail, and wore her favorite sandals. She went into the store, and greeted the old creep, because her mother taught her to be polite, no matter what.
The yogurt fridge was placed behind the vegetables stand, and there wasn't much room for her stand between both. On her left, there was a door for a the tiniest bathroom, and on her right there was a wall. She opened the fridge door, got what her mom asked for and closed the door back. But when she turned, there was the man standing in the way, and she couldn't go past him.

"Can you please move, sir?" She asked politely.
"Are you in a rush?" The owner asked.

"Well my mother asked for yogurt, and I need to get it for her.."

"You'll get her the yogurt, sweety. All I want is a little hug"

The man approached her slowly. And she kept backing up, until Sunny hit the wall. And when he reached her, with a sudden move, he picked her up, closed her mouth with his large hand firmly and went into the bathroom closing the door after him.

"You better not cry or scream, because you'll regret it. And no one is going to hear you anyway. Take off that skirt for me, come on. Don't be scared."
She didn't do as he told, instead she started sobbing quietly and her fragile body was shivering as if she was standing on ice. But then he shouted "I SAID TAKE THE DAMN SKIRT OFF!"

And that's what she did.
"Now your panties"
And she obeyed.. Still sobbing and shivering.
And with that the man turn her around, held her waist firmly to him and shut her mouth with the other free hand. Then with the other hand, he went down, his fingers crawling in her soft skin, and reached between her legs. And you guess from there, the cruel thing he did for her.

***

"Here, let me wipe that blood off your leg" he grabbed a napkin and wiped a thin blood line that ran down her inner thigh. "Now go to your mother, here's your yogurt. Don't even dare and tell her anything, understand?".
Sunny took her yogurt and paid, because her mother taught her not to steal! She ran to the house and arrived to her mother sobbing.

"What happened to you? Why are you crying? Her mother asked.

" I...I..Ff.." She could barely speak because she was crying hysterically, and could barely breath.

"You what, Sunny?"

"I... fell... down..." She lied.

"Oh, well calm down will you? It's not the first time you fall. Now go to your room and play or something, I have a lot to do."

Sunny was used to her mother's cold behavior. But at least, it was far less torturing than what happened to her back there at the shop. She went to her room, closed the door and threw herself on her bed crying her heart out. Until she finally fell sleeping.

And before she slept, she wished to die. It was a strong wish then, because Sunny was only nine.