Chapter 1

Jade's POV

Fiona sits beside me on my family's couch with a smile on her face. I hope that this has nothing to do with my twin brother, Jesse, her mate. I still can't believe that my best friend and brother are mates, but 'my best friend's brother is my mate' happens in most love stories. But seeing them make out is sore and disgusting for my precious eyes.

I look at her. She's much more beautiful than me. She's my height, has light skin, regular size, dark green eyes and long wavy dark red hair. While I have light skin, I'm skinny, I have dark brown eyes and long wavy dark brown hair that ends under my breasts. But, weirdly, boys hit on me and call me sexy and that's when Jesse gets into his overprotective brother mode. Jesse is good looking, which is weird for me to say. He's taller than us, has light skin, has muscles in his arms, chest and has a six pack, has dark brown eyes and short straight dark brown hair. We're all eighteen years old.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Are you going to the party?" she asks. I know what she's talking about. Our Alpha's daughter is mateless and there's a 'find your mate' party tonight and she basically invited all of the packs nearby.

I'd have to go to the party without Fiona or Jesse because mated wolves aren't allowed to come. "I don't know."

She groans. "It's in two hours and you need to get a mate."

"Fine. Can you help me get ready?" Fiona is a more of a girlie girl than I am, so she can help me to look good for my mate.

"No." I look at her in confusion because she usually loves doing these things. "You can't dress up because your mate has to love the true you."

I don't know how some guy will be able to love someone like me. I mean, look at me.
'He might not love us, but his wolf won't be able to resist us,' my wolf says.
I know that his wolf won't be able to resist us. But I really want the guy to love me and I want me to love him.

Then my brother walks down the stairs, he smiles at me and smirks at Fiona. They always act like this around each other and I hate it when I'm there or see it.

"Can you two not flirt with each other while I'm around? I'm still trying to get used to you two being mates," I say, disgusted.

"Sorry lil' sis," Jesse says.

I groan. "I'm only a minute younger than you."

"Still younger, Jade." He looks in between Fiona and I, but after a while he looks at me. "So, you're going to a party tonight?"

"Yeah, so what?"

He chuckles. But then his face goes hard and he gives me a serious look. "If you find your mate and he's a jerk to you, tell me and I'll kill him."

And there's my brother in his overprotective mode. Fiona and I laugh at his words and how serious he looks.

But I do know that he's completely serious.

- - -

I walk into the Alpha's house and my nose fills with alcohol and my ears are filled with the booming music of Imagine Dragons. Which is my favourite band. I then lock eyes with the Alpha's daughter, Kiley, and she runs over to me with a huge grin on her face. She's eighteen years old, is my height, has light skin, light skin and long straight dirty blonde hair. She hugs me quickly. "I'm so glad you made it."

"Well my best friend said I needed a mate and I guess I want one too," I say, smiling back at her. Secretly, I really want a mate. "Did you find your mate?"

She shakes her head. "No. But there are plenty of people here and I haven't seen everyone. But are some smoking hot guys here, there's a super smoking hot Alpha here. He's nineteen years old and his name is Chase, single and sadly not my mate. Oh, he's over there."

She jerks her chin toward the living room couch and I see him. He's with five other guys, I'm guessing his friends or people from his pack. He looks tall, has muscles in his arms, chest and most likely has a six pack, has light skin, dark blue eyes and short straight blonde hair. He's fucking sexy! He's smoking hot!

'Mate!' my wolf screams.

He laughs at something one of the guys says and that's when our eyes lock. It feels like we're the only ones on earth. Kiley shoves me which let's me look away from him and look back at her. She raises her eyebrows at me, like she's waiting. Crap, did she say something?

"I'm sorry, what did you say?" I ask.

A grin creeps on to her lips. "He's your mate, isn't he?"

I nod.

"That means you're going to be Luna of his pack," she says, grinning.

That also means that I have to leave this pack. I have to leave her, my parents, my best friend... My twin brother. Kiley seems to notice my inner battle. "They'll be fine, you'll be fine. You can always come and visit."

I see in the corner of my eye, my mate getting up, going to the dining room and to the snacks and drinks table. I look at Kiley and see that she's locked eyes with a guy from our pack --- he's cute, but not as hot as my mate. I smile and go to the snacks and drinks table. But I don't see him. Where did he go? Seriously, he was just here a few seconds ago.

I look at the living room couch and see him with the five guys with a drink in his hand.

'Go over there,' my wolf orders.

'No, I don't want to talk to all of them. I just want him,' I tell her that.

'Once he finishes his drink, tell him you'll refill it for him. He will most likely follow you,' she says.

That's a pretty good plan. I just hope that he'll follow me. He quickly drains his cup and starts to get up. But I go to him and he grins when he sees me.

"Let me refill that for you," I say, taking it from his hand. I go to the drinks table and refill it with fruit punch that has a little bit of alcohol in it. I go back to him, hand it to him and start to walk away.

But I stop when he says, "Where do you think you're going?"

A/N:

I guess this could be an introduction because this story is basically about Jade and her mate.

How was chapter 1? Please comment your opinions and suggestions on what should happen next.

Please keep reading, vote and comment.

Bye pop tarts,

- Cierra