Prologue

Amaterasu and Aimiko

    After Amaterasu (a/n for those of you who don't know who she is, she's the Japanese goddess of the sun) learned that Hagoromo, the Sage of Six Paths, sealed the husk of the Ten-Tails in what would be the moon, she grew jealous. She was jealous that the moon had the power of a tailed-beast, so, she decided to fix the problem. After centuries of searching, she finally found what she was looking for.

    Aimiko was making her daily trip through the forest around her village, enjoying the nature. She liked to walk around the forest because, although the village had many people, no one liked to talk to her because her eyes were so different. The only time she ever engaged in an actual conversation was when her cousin, Tsunade, came to visit her. Every time she would visit Tsunade would praise Aimiko on how lovely her golden eyes were and how they complimented her rich black hair.

    This woman sparked Amaterasu's interest because she had great power that she did not know of. She had extraordinary healing powers and increased stamina, unlike the other villagers. While Aimiko was walking through the forest, a woman appeared before her.  She was fairly tall, with long black hair and golden orbs that blazed like miniature suns. She was clad in a white and red robe with a gold katana strapped to her side.

    "Excuse me miss, can I help you?" asked Aimiko politely.

    "My dear Aimiko, no need to be so formal. I am Amaterasu, goddess of the sun, I came for a friendly chat. Please, come sit," she said while conjuring a traditional Japanese table and seats.

   Aimiko bowed and then sat on a cushion, "For what do I owe the pleasure of speaking with the great sun goddess herself?"

    "As much as it shames me to admit, I grew jealous of my brother, for he had the husk of the Ten-Tails sealed inside of him.  I noticed you were getting lonely in this little village so I've come to make a proposal."

    "And what would that be, M'lady?"

    "I could make you with child, without the need of a man. On one condition."

    "What is the condition?"

    "In the nine months when you will be with child, I will be creating a tailed-beast.  He will not be a horrible raging mess, like the others," she assured, "and will be sealed within your child after he or she is born."

    "That is all?"

     "Yes."

    Aimiko sat for a while, pondering, while Amaterasu was watching her every move.  She was deep in thought and then a flash of determination flashed on her face.

    "I'll do it."

    And with that, Amaterasu made her with child and went off to create her tailed-beast.