Chapter Two

Fun fact: Elda is actually the name of a girl I grew up with. She was in basically every single class I was in up to seventh grade yet we were never best friends... In kindergarten I went to her birthday party but that's about it. I like her name though so I used it. 

This will be really awkward if she reads this. Luckily I don't live there anymore. xD

Also, please notice that this follows the book A LOT. I literally have the book open right next to me as I'm writing this. I go to that for details of the rooms and order of scenes and such. It helps a lot. And her opening ceremonies outfit is the outfit Katniss wore in the Quarter Quell. It is explained in the chapter why it was saved until her. 

Chapter Two

- - - - - - -

After Haymitch's visit, I received a few more visits. Lilly specifically felt like she needed to visit considering she could have volunteered but didn't. I didn't know how to reply to that and the meet was slightly awkward, but I still appreciate the thought. 

I also was visited by my Uncle Gale, who I haven't seen in weeks. He's the one who taught me and Laurel how to hunt. He usually goes out with Kale and teaches with him, which makes it so he's too busy to hang out with me and Laurel anymore. He told me that he was rooting for me more than anyone else and that he would make sure to send my family extra hunting food to make up for the loss of mine. He's not a very emotional person, but I still felt kind of hurt when he didn't even give me a hug before leaving.

After Gale, Mom's mother came to visit me. She's usually focused solely on her work, so it was surprising she came to visit. I didn't even realize she came to reapings until I remembered that reapings are mandatory. I go into her shop and help her three times a week, but we've never actually had a real conversation. There are the small, "Hello"s and the, "Can you grab the medicine for her"s. The only person she really talks to is my mother, and even then it's very spaced out. Mom says that she got very sick after my grandfather died, and after Aunt Katniss never made it out, she went full on crazy. Her shop and my mom were the only things keeping her to this earth. After Mom got married and left, she was fully engrossed in her shop and basically lived there. Actually, now that I think of it, I think she does live there. 

Once we are escorted out the building and onto the train, I immediately go to Peeta and give him a large hug. "Peeta," I whisper, "what do I do?"

He pulled back from the hug and gave me a look of sympathy. "I'll try and help you as much as I can. I... I promise. I think Katniss would come and haunt me if I didn't." 

I smile slightly. "She sounds like the type of person from Mom's stories," I say honestly. "And when Uncle Gale stops by, he sometimes tells stories like that."

"How is good old Uncle Gale?" Peeta rolls his eyes. I think of the stories I've grown up on. Everyone thinks Gale is Mom's cousin so that it would help people fall for the star-crossed lovers thing. Apparently, it was real to Peeta but Haymitch later revealed to him that Katniss was faking the entire time. According to Mom, Aunt Katniss had a weird relationship with Gale. Gale was basically in love with her and she was ignorant to the entire ordeal and friend-zoned, rather cousin-zoned, him. 

"He's fine," I say, smiling slightly. 

He opens his mouth to say more when a door opens and Elda comes in with Alder. "Hello," Peeta greets, an inviting smile on his face. "I'm Peeta. Alder, correct?"

He sits down at the table with confusion written on his face. "Uh, yeah."

Peeta smiles and sits down across from Elda, who's sitting on Alder's left. I take a seat across from Alder, Peeta sitting on my right. "Okay, I'm here to give you help when you need it. Haymitch helped... Well, let's just say he did stuff when I was tribute and I feel like I should put as much, hopefully more, into making sure my tributes don't go in there stupid."