- Unsteady -

Authors Note: Howdy y'all, I'm trying to tie up some loose ends on fanfiction.net, I'll post Chapter 2 of "Things Change" on here at the same time I post Chapter 8 of it on there.

DISCLAIMER: I do not own Teen Titans or anything affiliated with DC Comics, but I do own the plot.

Warning: Lots of lemonade here.

TTTTTTTT

Grayson paced the room, hands clutching at his ebony hair in frustration. Kori'd swore she heard him mumble something about 'unfairness' and 'paper work' in this rant. He was so caught up in his ramble to himself that it had completely slipped his mind that Kori was waiting patiently for him at his office door.

He continued to shake his head as he sat down at the computer screen to finish up some missing information left out of the criminal files, he was beginning to get stressed to point where Kori'd noticed a few stray white hairs pop out every now and again in the man's hair, the dark bags under his eyes not making his situation look any better.

She worried for him; for his sanity.

These days he spent most of his time alone, talking to himself about one issue or another. He'd been spending less and less time with her. She longed for his presence in bed, she'd often wake up to a cold side. Sometimes he'd be on patrol all night and not come home at all, he was, after all, a policeman during the day. Nightwing during the night. And where did she even fit into his life anymore? This was an enigma.

Shortly after Grayson made the switch to the new persona of Nightwing and retiring of Robin, he was quite the busy fellow.

At first, it didn't seem to be a problem, he'd take Kori along to patrol with him, treat her to dinner after, sometimes snuggle a little with a movie. Hell, she even enjoyed when he smiled across to rooftops at her.

But now, she hardly ever even got a 'hi' or 'bye'. He was just always working. So far this week she only saw him take a catnap or two.

It wasn't like she wasn't working hard either, or even might be a little sleep deprived herself but ..it just seemed so odd to her that humans seemed to have the ability to switch on or off when they loved one another. He just acted like she was just a friend again, just like when they where 15. The whole 'hero's don't have time for emotions' deal was starting to become a reality.

She frowned at the thought, watching her husband slave away at the computer, typing away as fast as he could to try and get done only to find more error in his work.

She drug her gaze away from him and suddenly found her feet floored, no longer able to float. She was so happy when he promised he'd skip patrol today, her toes never met the ground. Little did she know that he would take the night off, but for paper work instead.

She slid the door closed silently, there'd been more than one occasion that he'd 'blown up' at her for making him lose his concentration. Though only thrice, and accompanied by a very thorough apology, she still did not wish for that to happen again.

Kori closed her eyes for a moment and sighed before taking a very somber walk to their bedroom, which didn't even seem like it was 'theirs' anymore.

Once in the room, she sat herself down at the edge of the bed and thought a bit more through the situation, staring aimlessly at the floor in front of her, hands gripping the side of the mattress with full Tamaranian strength.