Chapter 1

Ali’s POV*

The sun shined through the thin curtains, waking me up for school. I checked my phone for the time. It was 11:38 pm. "Damn." I said under my breathe, running around my room.  I ran over to my dresser, pulling out a pair of black sweatpants and a white "Up All Night" t-shirt. I rushed to the bathroom. I looked in the mirror. My hair was a complete and total mess. I grabbed the brush, pushing through the tangles. I finished brushing my hair, only to discover it was a waste of time to brush my hair if I can't straighten it. I threw my hair up in a messy bun.  I turned the electric toothbrush on medium and brushed away. Afterwards I dabbed on clear lip gloss and mascara. I grabbed my car keys off my desk, and ran out the door.

I made it just in time for lunch. I rang the school bell. "Hello. What do you need?" I heard a familiar voice speak. "I woke up late." I said as they know my usual tardiness was no surprise to anybody.

I heard the door lock click. I walked into the office to see Marcel. He was always in the office helping out with stuff. He was in a way cute. He was a kind lad. I was too busy dozing off, when I heard Rita yelling at. "Ali!! How many times have I told you??? You can't be tardy anymore or you will get suspended!" "I know. I must have overslept. I have been working really hard on getting here on time. I'm sorry." "Well, Sorry isn't going to help you. Now come on. Let's get you some lunch."

Just as I turned around, I bumped into Marcel, causing him to trip and drop papers everywhere."I am so sorry Ali!!!" Marcel shouted. I got down on the ground beside him, grabbing his glasses. I looked at him for a moment. He looked amazing without his glasses. I put them on him. "I'm so sorry Ali." He whispered, looking at the ground. "Don't be. It was my fault. I should watch where I am going." I said, helping him collect the papers.We were silent for a few minutes. "So Ali have you been asked to prom yet?" Marcel asked. Right as I was about to reply, Don walked in. Don was a jerk. He had a reputation for beating up guys like Marcel. "It's not like she would go with you anyway Marcel."  "Actually, I am going with Marcel. So shut the fuck up and leave him alone." I said. I was most known for my small temper. "That geek? Ha. Please. He couldn't you give half as much as I can give ya." He snickered. "You make me laugh. Marcel is twice the man you'll ever be." I barked. " Have fun with your little slut Marcel." He grinned. Marcel didn't say anything. He just kept picking up papers. Don has already walked out before I could say anything else. "You didn't have to do that. I will just ruin your perfect reputation." Marcel warned. "What perfect reputation? The only reputation I have is being late all the time." I laughed. "Well, You're a bad girl. You don't take anything from anybody. If you were seen with a dork like me....... Well people would bully you." Marcel whispered. I grabbed his chin, leading his eyes to mine. "Do you honestly think I care what they think? They could call me anything and I wouldn't care.They love to get attention and if you let them get it, they will try and break you down. You got to stand up for yourself more Marcel." I pointed out. "I know. I just don't have the guts to call someone something or deliver someone a punch. I just couldn't." He whispered, standing up. "So? Are you still up for going to prom with me?" I questioned. "Yes!!" Marcel shouted. "I mean... uh Yeah. Can't wait to see you there." He smiled. "Ermm...... Marcel?" I murmured.  "Yea?" He asked. "Do you have a phone?" I asked. " Ermm... Yeah." "Oh. Good here's my number." I said grabbing a pen from the front desk, writing my number on his hand. "There.Text me sometime."  I smiled. Before I knew it he was gone.

The bell had just rang. Yep. Lunch was over and now we go to the other half of 4th period. I had study hall. This was going to suck. I have to go to first,second, and third period and get my homework. I made my way to all three classes.  6 assignments were due tomorrow. The bad thing is, I don't have a clue to what I was doing. I made my way back to study hall. A big smile spreads across Marcel's face as I walked in and took my assigned seat behind him as usual.