Staring at the wall.....

Sometimes I find myself drifting away, staring at the wall, thinking of things that I know I have no control over and that I cannot change.
It's difficult to be in a situation where you're so vulnerable to others and in which your privacy is gone, where the only place that feels safe and comfortable is inside yourself.

At times I feel like letting go and giving up everything to the unbearable grasp that is holding me down. Then again I have to remind myself that things happen for a reason and that you either live life or leave it. I choose to live and that is what keeps me together.
My struggle with the feelings I have cannot continue to bind me anymore than it already has.

I want to be as strong as possible and not look back because doing so puts me at a crossroad in which I do not know where to turn.
It pains me to feel this way and to let others know the side that hurts most, the side that may need help,the side that struggles to keep it together. These feelings are not often shared even to the closest of people in my life.

Why I choose to write them now will never be known even by me. I know that I will find peace.

I'm a very strong person and I also know that I'm helping others just by being me. I'm only human and I hope that these words only bring you closer to understanding some of the things I go through.

The quote below has helped me tremendously to deal with the overflow of emotions that creep up from time to time.

I hope it resonates with you.